𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 » 𝘴.𝘤

word count: 1.4k

request: feeling for each other in the dark + tasting each other's smile with sarah pls

a/n: thought of this while i did a face mask the other night lol

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Grass squished beneath your feet, some water droplets hitting your ankles as a result from the backlash of your steps on the soggy surface. Picking up the pace on your walk to Tannyhill, the sky continued it's downpour of rain, worsening with seconds.

You sighed, pulling your hood over your head and making a run for the grand entrance gates ahead of you. The dirt from puddles pooling in the dips of the asphalt were definitely staining your (already dirty) white Converse right about now.

A smile tugged at your lips once you saw Sarah's bright one grinning right back at you, standing in her doorway and waving you on. You ran right through the entryway and let her arms entrap you in a hug, giggles falling from both of your lips.

"Get in, get in!" Sarah urged, shutting and locking her front door promptly to keep any more wind and rain from blowing in her house. "You're soaked."

You finally took the chance to catch your breath, removing your wet hoodie and slipping off your damp shoes. "I didn't think it was supposed to start raining for another hour."

"It's only gonna get worse so, I guess you're stuck here for the night." Sarah chirped. "Not that I'm complaining, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"You're lucky I like you, Cameron. You know I don't do slumber parties with just anybody." You quipped, leading the familiar path to her bedroom.

-

Hours slipped you by as you both caught up on any and everything. There was one of those unspoken bonds between the two of you that no matter how much time had gone by with little to no communication, you were able to pick up where you left off like you never missed a beat. And that alone tugged at your heartstrings. A special place in your heart was carved out just for Sarah.

The girl had snuck a bottle of her stepmother's fancy champagne for you two to sip on through the night, a small tradition you could always count on when you came to visit Tannyhill. Whenever Rose would suspect it missing, Sarah would blame it on her brother anyway.

Though with a scoff and a breathless chuckle Rafe would refute her false claim with; "I don't drink that shit."

Somewhere in the middle, you agreed to do face masks, given the brewing storm outside was keeping you in. You painted the paste onto one another's skin, having to stay completely still for each other. It was easy to get lost in Sarah's concentrated eyes as she swiped the brush across your face gently.

After the application was done, you set a timer and sat across from Sarah on her fluffy white rug. She tried to open her mouth, but she couldn't because of the tight feeling all over her face. The girl picked up her phone and began typing, a message popping up on your lock screen not long after.

sarah <3: i can't move my fucking mouth

you: good, that means it's working

sarah <3: if i knew i wouldn't be able to talk, there's no way i would've agreed to this

you: it's a small price to pay for fabulous skin. 20 minutes of silence won't kill you

sarah <3: you're wrong, i'd rather have a million wrinkles

In the eye contact you two made after her message came through, it was a struggle not to burst into laughter. And the fact that your facial movement was restricted at the moment, for some reason it made things a thousand times funnier.

All of a sudden, the lights went dark. The power running through the house cut off, the only sounds audible being the storm now. The both of you gasped as best as you could, Sarah humming a mumble of words you couldn't understand as she rummaged to find something. Her footsteps sounded like they were coming closer to you, hand meeting her skin in an unintentional slap confirming your suspicions.

Sarah hissed and you immediately softened your touch, giving a second and more friendly pat to let her know you didn't mean it of course, you were only trying to find your way through the dark.

She held up a lantern in victory, switching it on and eliminating the confusion. The battery powered lantern gave her room a much more cozy feel, and plus she couldn't risk her phone dying by using the flashlight as a replacement light source.

Sarah sat back down, placing the lantern on the floor behind you both. You motioned for her to lay back with you. Holding two fingers in the air, you swallowed your giggles as the finger puppets casted across her bedroom wall. She joined in, making a bunny of her own with her fingers. To the two of you, it was peak comedy. You were surprised neither of you had choked on your own spit yet.

Sarah's face mask cracked through to her beautiful smile lines, and you were sure yours had done the same. Upon hearing a loud stumble and thud from just outside the room, you froze. The presumed fall was followed by a loud 'Shit!', which you could easily identify as Rafe taking a tumble down the stairs.

Tears welled up in your eyes, along with Sarah's, as it was just impossible to hold in your laughs any longer. With the lantern and Sarah's hand in yours, you all but dragged her to the bathroom and tossed her a wet washcloth.

Instinctively you both wiped off the mask surrounding your mouths before anything else, simultaneously letting your bellows of laughter be heard out loud. You had to gasp for breath as your head felt heavier, as if you could just faint from laughing this hard. Sarah was just the same, banging her fist against the counter repeatedly as her eyes squeezed shut.

"Oh my god." You let out breathlessly. "I don't think I've laughed that hard in months."

"Me either." Sarah concurred, a much louder laugh escaping from her chest now that she recovered from the previous fit.

Once you were finished removing the masks completely, Sarah led you by the arm back to where you were previously sitting, leaning most of your bodies on each other. You were the first to break the blissful silence.

"Y'know, I kind of feel bad for saying this but... I wish I was out there to see that fall."

"Don't feel bad, he deserved it." Sarah added with a giggle, the two of you smiling widely at the thought, picturing it in your imaginations.

"How does he not know his way around by now, anyway? I know he couldn't see but still, how?"

"No idea." She answered, taking a long sip from the champagne bottle, handing it to you before you repeated her actions. "I can't say it's the first time. Kinda pathetic."

"I should stick around more often, then. I need to see it with my own eyes next time." You jested.

Her head rose up from your shoulder to look you in the eyes, the light from the lantern reflecting in her brown orbs. "You should stick around, Y/n. I miss you a lot."

Your head cocked to the side slightly, thoughts processing a little slower now. "Ok, maybe I will. All you had to do was say it, Sarah. You know I'll be here in a heartbeat whenever you ask."

Your words set her pounding heart a little slower, putting a halt to her odd nervousness about it. "You mean it?"

"Of course I do. As long as I can do my finger puppet shows next time the power goes out." You teased, eyes flickering down to her plump lips for a split second.

Sarah took the chance and closed the distance between you, lips pressing to yours softly before you gave her the reassurance of reciprocity. You could feel her smile against yours before they both grew too wide, resting your foreheads against one another's, her vanilla bean chapstick leaving a sweet taste in your mouth.

"Deal. As long as I don't have to do a face mask. I need to be able to help with the narrations."

Your lips pressed to her blushing cheek, her skin hot under your touch. "Fine. Only if when the power goes out again, you'll help me find my way through the dark."

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

a/n: could u tell i had no idea how to end this?? lol anywayss i love writing for sarah so i hope you liked this <3