𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 » 𝘴.𝘤

word count: 2.7k

warning(s): jarah doesn't exist & kie and sarah never fell out in this. angsty but happy ending!

summary: in which miscommunication tears you & sarah apart. a night stranded on a boat allows for true confessions to be made.

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

The boneyard was packed with pogues, tourons, and even kooks; each group being able to push all the drama aside to have a good time for the night.

And if there was anything that could get your mind off things, it was a kegger. Kiara suggested the idea after the stressful few days the group had been through, and it was a relief to feel your worries slip away.

Approaching John B and JJ, you stuck your head in between theirs and threw your arms around their shoulders. You laughed as they jumped at the unexpected contact.

"Jeez, Y/n. Don't sneak up on us like that." JJ warned, clutching his chest dramatically.

When John B didn't say anything, you turned to face his concentrated expression and followed his line of vision. Straight to the one you despised most— Sarah Cameron.

"What the hell is she doing here?"

"We're wondering the same thing." The brown haired boy mumbled as the three of you watched Topper pick up his girlfriend and spin her around.

You pretended to gag in your mouth as she gave him a kiss. "I think I might barf."

"No kidding. Isn't that our beloved frosted tips?" JJ inquired, referring to Sarah's new beau.

"Who? Topper?" You answered.

"Yeah. I didn't know if it was him or not. A lot of the kooks look like living and breathing Ken dolls." JJ quipped, taking a sip of his beer.

"Looks like he's found his very own fake Barbie to match."

"Ooouu, do I sense some tension?" John B teased at your jab to the blonde girl. "I thought you guys were friends?"

"Yeah. We were." You emphasized. "As in past-tense."

"What happened with you two anyway?" JJ asked.

A sigh fell from your lips before you swallowed the last bit of beer in your solo cup. "Sarah Cameron isn't all she's cracked up to be."

-

After stating your opinion of the kook princess, you presumed your distaste for the girl was clear. Perhaps not clear enough, given the sight in front of you as you neared the Chateau's porch in the hot afternoon sun.

Only to be met with her in your favorite spot on the couch.

"Care to explain what the hell she's doing here?" You began, shooting each of the pogues' glares as you waited impatiently for someone to explain.

"Nice to see you too, Y/n." Sarah muttered, eyebrows raising and lips pulling into a sarcastic, tight-lipped smile.

"We need her help." John B informed hesitantly.

"Her help? What could we possibly need her help with?"

"Sarah got me into the Chapel Hill archives the other day. We did some research and we're close to mapping a location for the gold."

"What?" You queried incredulously. "Are you joking? You let her in on this?" Your eyes scanned the group for more answers, pinching the bridge of your nose as you tried to make sense of it all.