𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 » 𝘫.𝘮

word count: 0.3k

request: banter in which one of them's like... "i love you" and the other person's like "ok" and the first one's like "say it back" and the other one's just like "no 😝" and the first one gets frustrated because "why wouldn't you say it back we always say i love you before we leave" with jj

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

The ding of JJ's phone going off with a text message caught his attention, picking it up from your nightstand and reading the screen. "I gotta go, babe. Pope's picking me up to do some grocery deliveries."

You paused the movie you were watching, turning to your boyfriend with a sad face. "Oh, okay." The honk from Pope's truck outside sounded, signaling to JJ that he had arrived. "Text me when you're done?"

He pressed a kiss to your forehead, as well as the cheek that was closest to him. "Sure. I love you." JJ disclosed, heading for your bedroom door.

"Be safe! Tell Pope I said hi." Your thumb clicked the play button on your remote, the sound from the movie resuming. You expected to hear the door shut behind him, only to hear his footsteps retracting back inside your room.

"That's it?" He questioned.

"Huh?" You asked him, confused.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

You looked up and pretended to think for a moment, nothing crossing your mind as you popped a piece of popcorn into your mouth. "Nope."

A heavy sigh left the blond's lips. "What's wrong, babe?" He strolled over to you, sitting down in his previous spot.

"Nothing's wrong. Shouldn't you be going? Pope's outside." You reminded him.

"Really? If something's wrong we need to talk about it, Y/n. Don't give me the cold shoulder." He protested.

"The cold shoulder? What are you talking about?" You queried, oblivious to the fight you didn't know you were having.

"You didn't say you loved me back." JJ answered. "Plus, I'm going to Figure 8. Anything could happen to me, y'know."

"I know! I said be safe, baby." Pope honked his horn once again, warning JJ to hurry up.

JJ scoffed. "Well excuse me if I just want to know my girlfriend loves me back."

"I'm sorry, J." You conceded. "I'm just really invested in this movie. But I love you. So much, okay?" You guided your lips towards his, kissing him sweetly.

"Ok." He smiled in satisfaction. Pope blared his horn for the third, and probably final, time. "Now I can leave."