𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 » 𝘵.𝘵

word count: 0.9k

request: Secret relationship with Topper :)

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Living on a small island with a big secret was hard. Everyone knew everyone in the Outer Banks, so keeping your relationship with Topper under wraps was challenging. The bare minimum became difficult to manage, as the two of you usually planned to go to the mainland just for a nice day out.

You could say you both learned to enjoy time inside the comforts of your homes, while your parents were away especially. It wasn't common that you went to Topper's house, as you made it clear that his mom scared the shit out of you since she had a strong hatred towards pogues. Deep down he knew it too, and he didn't want to put you in that position anyway.

Which left the two of you to hang out at your house on the Cut. It wasn't bad. Your mom did what she could with the landscaping every now and then to make the house look approachable. But seeing as she was gone working most of the time, it worked in your favor.

Topper had texted you when you woke up saying he'd be over soon and just had a stop to make on the way. You hummed in confusion, replying back to ask him where but he insisted it was a surprise. No sight was better than seeing your face light up at something, so he did what he could to ensure it happened frequently.

Topper walked into a local restaurant to pick up some brunch for the two of you. "Hey, Topper. What can I get for you today?" The woman asked from behind the counter.

"I actually ordered it ahead. Should be under Thornton." He informed.

"Oh!" She remembered, retrieving the large brown bag that held your food and placing it on the counter. "Brunch for two, huh? Who's the lucky girl?"

"Uhh, no one." Topper stammered. "My parents asked me to pick it up."

"Hm, okay." She hummed. "Have a nice day, Topper."

"You too."

Topper made a dash out the door and to his Jeep. So quickly, in fact, he didn't notice Rafe and Kelce hiding their faces behind menus in one of the booths. As the two boys heard the door close, they peeked at one another above their menus. "He's lying." Kelce accused.

"He said he was going to help his dad on the mainland today. And I already saw his dad leave this morning." Rafe pointed out.

"Well, should we follow him?" Kelce suggested.

Rafe sighed. "Fuck it. Why not." The boys got up quickly, slapping some cash on their table and heading out to Rafe's truck. "Let's find out where you're really going, Thornton."

-

Topper played some music as he drove the normal route to your house. The normal route being more of a back way, just to be sure nobody saw his car driving through the Southside. Not only did you have Topper's parents and friends to hide from, but yours as well. You didn't even want to think about what the pogue's reactions would be if they found out.

Topper parked in his usual place down the street, Rafe parking even further behind him. "Wait." Kelce cautioned, seeing Topper get out with the bag of food and walk to your house. "We don't wanna get caught right away. Let's see who it is first."

"Fine. But I bet you $50 it's a girl."

"Whatever." Kelce replied. "No matter who it is, we need to find out why he's been ditching us to hang out on the Cut."

"You're right." Rafe slouched in his seat, eyes still following Topper closely.

Topper didn't even have to knock before you were opening the door and throwing your arms around him. "What's this?" You gestured towards the bag.

"Thought you might be hungry. And since we can't really go out I just brought it here." He grinned, leaning down to kiss your lips.

"No fucking way." Kelce let out, his mouth agape along with Rafe's.

"Pay up, dude. I knew it all along." Rafe acknowledged.

"Damn. We've been getting stood up for a girl?"

"You know what, I say we just go up there." Rafe concluded, getting out of his truck to which Kelce followed.

"You're the sweetest, you know that?" You mumbled against Topper's lips, unaware of the two boys making their way towards your doorway.

"Well, well, well." Rafe announced. "I see you're working hard for your dad, Top."

Topper whipped his head around to find his two best friends standing behind him, with pissed off expressions across their faces. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing. But we already know the answer to that." Kelce responded.

"Well since you know already, I'll go enjoy brunch with my girlfriend, Y/n." Topper shrugged, wrapping an arm around your waist.

You gave the two boys a tight lipped smile and a soft 'hey'.

"Seriously? But Saturdays are for the boys." Rafe countered.

"So, what? You two doofuses have each other." Topper retorted.

"Can we at least have some pancakes?" Rafe asked.

You giggled at Rafe's words quietly, as well his dumbfounded expression. "Bye, guys." Topper waved them off, stepping into your house beside you and shutting the door.

"No! Get back out here, Top. You fucking simp!" Kelce argued, banging his hand on the door. As they listened closely, footsteps were heard retreating from the front door after Rafe and Kelce had enough of banging on it.

Rafe sighed in surrender. "So no pancakes?"