𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 » 𝘬.𝘴

word count: 1.1k

summary: you bring kelce lucky charms to make up after a fight

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

It didn't feel good to be ignored.

Sure it came in handy when running into someone you could've gone without seeing ever again, or at a family gathering when you had to put your selective hearing into action when one of your relatives made a rude remark. All to avoid embarrassing your parents and making a scene.

When it was your own boyfriend doing the ignoring, that was a different story. Kelce had made no efforts to call or text you since he dropped you off at your house after Midsummers, planting a stiff kiss to your cheek goodnight and leaving in a hurry.

At some point during the party, Kiara led you away with the pogues to escape the stuffiness of the atmosphere. Your grand exit with the rest of them did not go unnoticed, by your boyfriend especially. When you returned for the last dance you promised him, he turned it down entirely. That was the real giveaway that told you he was disappointed.

The car ride home was dead silent, aside from the low music playing on the radio. And even after your attempt to apologize in the car for abandoning him, he only responded with a simple 'Okay, thanks.' But you wouldn't be defeated just yet.

Being with Kelce also meant knowing about his love for cereal. Maybe that stemmed from the fact that he didn't know how to cook a meal for himself— because warming up leftovers in the microwave didn't count— much to his dismay.

With a jumbo sized box of Lucky Charms in your arm, you walked up the concrete steps to Kelce's front door. You could hear the echo of the doorbell inside the house once you rang it.

Tapping your foot against the welcome mat, you waited. And waited... and waited for what felt like forever in the scorching heat.

After one more ring of the doorbell, nobody answered. You heard the familiar bark of his dog coming from the backyard, confirming that someone was home. They wouldn't have left the poor thing outside alone, not with the high temperature.

Patience running thin, you knocked on the door rapidly and without any remorse. "Kelce! I know you're in there!" You shouted. "Open the door, please!"

Nothing.

With a huff, you knew what you had to do to get him to open the door. "I have Lucky Charms!"

Seconds after, your fist slowed it's knocking movements as the surface swung back, coming face to face with your boyfriend for the first time in days.

He deadpanned while the corners of your mouth twitched into a polite smile, taking the invitation to step inside the house as Kelce gestured for you to enter. "Why, thank you."

"What are you doing here?" He asked. "And with Lucky Charms?"

"Consider it my peace offering." You suggested, placing the box against his chest. "I wanted to apologize and try to make up for the other night."

He gave you a skeptical look, nodding slowly. "Okay. Have a seat." Kelce offered, before following you into his living room and sitting beside you on the couch.

"So..." You started, placing your hands on your thighs as you prepared your apology. "I wanted to say I'm sorry for leaving you at Midsummers. I should've stayed, I know it was important to you."

"Well, yeah. It was supposed to be our first Midsummers together so I thought you'd stick around a little longer." Kelce explained. "I don't know, I just wanted to spend more time with you I guess."

"Will you forgive me?" You queried, giving him the best innocent look you could muster. "...And accept my box of Lucky Charms?"

His lips curled into a wide grin, teeth flashing brightly. "I guess so. But only because you brought my favorite cereal."

"Well it didn't seem like you were planning on opening the door otherwise. I had to get creative, my love."

"Let's forget about that, and I'll also ignore the fact that you tried to buy my forgiveness with a box of cereal." Kelce shot back, standing up to grab a spoon.

A dramatic gasp escaped your lungs, holding a hand to your chest at the accusation. "That's ridiculous. I could have gotten your forgiveness on my own, y'know."

He chuckled, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he sat back down. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, baby."

Throwing your legs over his lap, you watched him as he began opening the cereal box and tore open the plastic containing the Lucky Charms. Immediately, he ate a big spoonful of it right out of the box and let out a hum of pure satisfaction. "That's delicious."

You crossed your arms, cocking an eyebrow as he began digging in. "If I didn't know any better, I would think you love the cereal more than me."

"That's not a fair comparison." Kelce argued. "I can't live without cereal."

"So, you can live without me, but not the cereal?"

"I mean... yeah." He joked, unable to conceal his laughter as you climbed over his lap to straddle him, ripping the cereal box from his hands.

"Take it back!" You insisted as he tried to grab for the box that you held up as far as you could reach, pinning him back to the couch with your forearm.

"Fine, fine! I love you more than cereal, okay?!" Kelce admitted, eyes pleading to get his precious Lucky Charms back.

"I don't believe you." You stated as your eyes narrowed, looking into his before sighing. "Oh well, no more Lucky Charms for you today." You climbed off of him and stood up, reaching for your car keys. "I guess I'll just have to go home and eat these all by myself since I don't believ-"

Suddenly, the paper box fell from your grip and to the ground with a thud as Kelce pulled your body into his, lips smashing against yours passionately. You moaned at the sudden contact, wrapping your arms around his neck and deepening the kiss.

"Do you believe it now?" Kelce questioned after he pulled away, your breathing coming down to a slow before you could answer.

Your head bobbed up and down, smiling as you tried to find the right words. "I-I'm speechless. For once in my life, I'm speechless."

"Good." Kelce quipped. "Do you see how much cereal I gave up for you?"

Your eyes followed his arm as they pointed to the many cereal pieces and marshmallows scattered across the wooden floor. "Sure. That's sweet of you, Kelce, but I never said I believed you." Your words came out in a teasing whisper as your lips hovered over his. "I think I might need some more convincing."

"Whatever you say, princess." Kelce uttered with a smirk, his thumb caressing your chin before finally closing the distance between you two.