𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 » 𝘵.𝘵

word count: 0.7k

request: can i request something with topper like he's boyfriend of a very short reader, and he always messes up with her bc of that? rafe too but when he does it, topper doesn't thinks it's that funny 😳 lmao

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Almost all of your life, you spent it straining your neck to look up at people just to have a conversation. Being short wasn't as glamorous as it seemed. Sure you were always considered short, cute, and adorable but your tired neck muscles said otherwise. Not to mention having to wear heels all the time to have a somewhat average height.

As bad as it was being short sometimes, your boyfriend Topper, found it humorous at how frustrated you would get over it. He loves to make jokes to get you riled up, because he thinks you're so cute when you get fake mad at him.

When it comes to other people making those jokes, however, he isn't so understanding. He knows that your height has been a small insecurity of yours, always telling you how beautiful you look or how good you make any outfit look. Especially how good you look in heels, his never leaving your body at an event.

Through the summer, your go to outfit was shorts and an oversized t-shirt, pretty much drowning your body in the fabric. Today when you opted for a cute cropped tank top and tight, ripped jeans, Topper was surprised to say the least. He was so used to seeing you in a baggy t-shirt that he really loved when you felt confident enough to show off your gorgeous frame.

You walked out to the patio of Topper's backyard, after getting dressed in the new outfit you secretly kept in his dresser in case you would need some clothes.

"There she is!" He shouted, "Good afternoon, pumpkin." He did a double take, pulling down his sunglasses slightly before standing up from his patio chair to take a closer look at you.

"Hi, babe." You told him, your face heating slightly from his emphasis. Luckily your blush could be excused because of the heat, since your cheeks only grew hotter as you heard Kelce and Rafe chuckling at the height difference from the other patio chairs.

"Uh, oh. Where did Y/N go?" Top questioned, pretending like he wasn't able to see you. His eyes were looking everywhere above and around you, as you giggled at his sarcasm.

You were giggling, that is, until Rafe shouted an: "I don't know Top, probably blending in with the ants!", followed by laughter from himself and Kelce hysterically. Topper instantly stopped joking around, turning in Rafe's direction and taking his sunglasses off.

Without a single word, Topper easily picked Rafe up and threw him into his sparkling, blue pool. You laughed as Rafe flailed around in shock, before coming up to the surface, his slicked hair messed up and his outfit soaking wet.

"What the hell, man?" Rafe exclaimed at Top. At this point Kelce was pretty much rolling off of his lounger, he was laughing so hard.

Topper simply explained his reasoning. "That wasn't funny, Rafe. Maybe you can blend in with the fish and sea creatures underwater now, isn't that right, shorty?" He joked and started walking back to you, slinging an arm around your shoulder. You only laughed and nodded your head in response.

After Rafe regained his bearings, he came up out of the pool and shook his sopping blond hair off like a dog in both of your faces.

"Ew, Rafe! You got water in my mouth!" You told him, shocked, spitting the water out but still laughing a bit. He bumped his shoulder with Topper's before walking inside to dry off and change, a laughing Kelce following behind him.

"You really didn't have to do that, you know." You looked up at Topper.

"Of course I did, I'm the only one who makes jokes, pumpkin." He reminded you, patting the top of your head playfully, pulling your sunglasses off your eyes.
"Hey! Give me those, they're brand new!" You whined at your extremely tall boyfriend.

"Oh, you mean these?" He asked you while waving them up in the air. You jumped up repeatedly, failing to reach them.

Once he finally gave them back, you sighed. "Maybe I should throw you in the pool, Topper."

"Try me, baby." He spoke before throwing you over his shoulder and sitting you on his lap in his chair, enjoying the sunny afternoon in satisfaction.

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

a/n: this was one of the first things i wrote so i lowkey hate it. and im very tall so this was hard to write haha