𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 » 𝘱.𝘩

word count: 0.6k

request: Person A and Person B are friends and neither of them have a date for Valentine's Day, so they decide to order takeout of some kind and watch a movie together. At some point, hidden feelings are revealed. With Pope :)

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Valentine's Day was never your favorite. The romantic stories you've heard on the so-called day of love you were convinced would never happen for you. So what was the point of finding a "date" for one night. It could've been fun to meet someone, but everything happens for a reason. If someone was meant to walk into your life, they would.

You couldn't deny the small feeling of hope you had that the person would be one of your closest friends one day. Pope had been by your side through a lot, and you found yourself thinking about your times together often. But ruining the dynamic between your friend group wasn't something you wanted to take part in. Not to mention the 'no pogue-on-pogue macking' rule.

Regardless, you would still always answer his call or open your front door for him. You were surprised when he called in the afternoon and invited you over on Valentine's Day, as you figured he would want to spend it with someone else. "Are you sure? You don't have some hot date you wanna spend Valentine's with?" You asked him, taking some of the candy you bought out of its bag.

"Yeah, you." He smirked, nudging your arm and  watching your lips curl into a smile.

"Hurry up, I wanna start watching the movie!" You urged him, plopping down on the chaise lounge and spreading the blanket out for the two of you. You pressed play to the movie Up, mentally preparing yourself for the sad but beautiful film ahead of you. It didn't take long for your eyes to well with tears, watching the time lapse of Carl & Ellie's life.

Pope noticed, wiping away a few tears with his thumb and wrapping his other arm around your shoulders. "Fuck. I cry every time." You murmured with a sniffle.

He chuckled at you softly before commenting. "Yeah, it's kind of a sad movie. Why would you force yourself to watch it on such a loving day?"

"Kind of? Before he can surprise her and fulfill their dream, she gets sick and dies! That's horrible. But it's beautiful at the same time because he lived their dream for the both of them."

"Yeah, at least they had a happy life together, y'know?" He reasoned, trying to put your mind at ease and stop the tears falling from your pretty eyes.

"I guess so. They were the definition of soulmates." You sniffled again, looking down at your hands in thought. "I wonder if I'll find a love like that one day."

"You will, Y/n." Pope reassured, giving you a tight-lipped smile.

"I hope so."

"How do you know you haven't already found it? It could be right in front of you." He tilted your chin to look up at his brown orbs that bore into yours. Your eyes flickered between his eyes and lips, to which he took the chance and pressed his lips to yours gently, cupping your face with the same light force.

The sound of the doorbell made you pull away, allowing Pope to get up and answer. He returned with a pizza box in his hands, setting it down on the coffee table. You chuckled at the sight when he opened it, a cheese pizza in the shape of a heart. "Really, Pope? This is so cheesy."

"Literally." He acknowledged as he pulled one of the slices from the box, long strings of cheese being stretched with it. You grabbed a slice yourself and sat back in your spot beside him, leaning into his frame this time and dropping your head to rest on his shoulder a bit. His play on words made you laugh, a wide grin plastered on your face that he never failed to put there.

"You're lucky I like you."