𝘵𝘦𝘥𝘥𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘳 » 𝘳.𝘤

word count: 1.0k

summary: in which rafe needs his cuddles.

✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰

Girls day. A day you always looked forward to, one that you could always count on to happen at least once a month.

You'd been close with Sarah and Wheezie for years, only just expanding your love for the Cameron siblings a few months ago when you started dating Rafe.

Since a lot of your time had been spent with him lately— and he always managed to whisk you away every time you were at Tannyhill— you needed some time with Sarah and Wheezie more than ever.

Just like always, you guys went out for the day. And after some shopping, helping Wheezie narrow down her endless options, then taking a bike ride that Sarah insisted on, you all were back home with tired legs, ready to watch a movie and fall asleep.

Except after you spent 15 minutes of traveling back and forth from your car, to Sarah's room, Wheezie's room, and every couch or chair in the entire house, you almost gave up in trying to find your pajamas.

Sarah offered some of hers, but wearing any clothes— besides Rafe's of course, because his closet was fun to steal from— you didn't prefer to sleep in clothes that weren't yours. You wouldn't be as comfortable while falling asleep, only to leave you to toss and turn and grow impatient and restless.

Before completely losing hope, you had one last place to look. Knocking on Rafe's door and announcing yourself, there was no answer. As you listened closer, the soft streams of water could be heard from the shower of the en-suite, leaving you to walk in and start searching for your pajamas.

From the clothes piled on the bed to the clean laundry basket in his room, they were nowhere to be found. Minutes had passed and you didn't even remember hearing the shower turn off.

"Rafe? Baby? Have you seen my pajamas anywhere? I brought some over here a few weeks ago and now I can't find them."

Rafe stepped out of the bathroom shortly, clad in pajamas of his own as he smiled at the sight of you in his room. "Right side, middle drawer, honey."

You cocked an eyebrow as you followed where he gestured to the dresser, but nonetheless you opened it anyway. Inside, lay your missing pajamas, and pretty much every piece of clothing you'd ever brought over to the Cameron estate. All folded and organized neatly.

"Rafe!" You marveled, the corners of your lips curling into a smile. "You started a drawer for me?"

"Yeah..." He confirmed sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "If that's okay. Is that okay? I just wanted you to have a place for your stuff-"

You cut him off by placing a finger to his mouth, then replacing it with your lips on his in a grateful kiss. "It's perfectly okay, Rafey. Thank you." You expressed, pecking his lips again.

You stepped past him to go change in his bathroom, much to his protest. Once you returned, Rafe was sitting up, legs underneath the covers of his bed, a small teddy bear in his arms. The way he held the stuffed animal to his chest caused his bicep to flex, stretching the soft fabric of his shirt.

It was a teddy bear you had bought him as a practical joke. You even got Topper and Kelce involved to top it off, playing it up to the point where Rafe thought he was getting these expensive leather boat shoes (as if he didn't own enough Sperry's), only to unwrap a teddy bear instead. Although he grimaced in the moment, you don't recall a night he'd slept without it.

He lifted the covers on the other side, patting a spot for you right next to him with that damn smirk on his face.

"I can't, Rafe." You sighed, shuffling closer to his side of the bed. "We're about to watch a movie."

"Why not?" He whined. "How is it that you're here at my house and you're ditching me for my little sisters?"

"Because we haven't had time for just the three of us lately and I've missed hanging out with them."

"Will you miss being here with me?" He prompted with soft eyes, holding up the bear shortly after. "And Snuggles?" A smile pulled at your lips at the mention.

Long story short, Rafe insisted on naming him Snuggles. As a kid, he vividly remembers his mom using Snuggle's fabric softener. And ever since then, Rafe never forgot the adorable image of the Snuggle bear on the front of the bottle.

You kissed his forehead, one hand cupping his cheek. "Of course I'll miss Snuggles. What kind of question is that?"

"Are you joking? Take it back." Rafe frowned.

"I'll miss you too, of course."

"So much that you're leaving me all alone?"

"You're not alone, Rafe." You reminded him. "You have Snuggles to keep you company while I have a girls night. It's only once a month, love."

"They aren't even that interesting." Rafe grumbled about his sisters. "I mean, they can't possibly be more interesting than me. Even Snuggles knows this."

With a playful eye roll and a kiss on the cheek, you were headed for the door. "I'll see you in the morning, Rafey!"

Unbeknownst to you, he was hot on your heels, mumbling a quiet 'wait' before you could get too far. His arms embraced you from behind, his lips pressing into the crook of your neck. "Your snuggles are better, though. Come back after the movie ends?" 

Sarah mimicked a retching sound as she stood at the end of the hallway, Wheezie joining in while mocking Rafe's cheesy comment.

"Not gonna happen. She's coming with us." Sarah interjected, taking your arm and breaking the contact between you and Rafe. You smiled apologetically over your shoulder at your boyfriend as his arms hung at his sides, unamused.

You sighed once you were finally able to sink into the comfortable leather sofa, blankets scattered all around as the girls had been preparing while waiting for you. After passing the popcorn bowl to Wheezie as Sarah pressed play, your hand moved around under the blanket to feel for your phone.

Before you knew it, your messages were open as you clicked on Rafe's, still pondering his offer. And then you were typing, knowing you had no real chance of resisting in the first place.

tell snuggles to keep the door unlocked for me :)