CHAPTER- THREE

FAMILY👨‍👨‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧

My mouth hits the ground at the enormous three story luxurious house at the end of the drive way the car just parked in front of. With the most ridiculous fountain built in the middle. I've only seen such houses in movies or on Pinterest, Actually seeing one in real life is a definitely eye catching. These people are obviously swimming in money if they're able to have such a place. I slowly get down taking in the view i turn to look at Mr Ben, I mean Ben and find him smiling down at me. " Are you sure this is the right place? " I question worriedly. I wouldn't like to be shot at for being at the wrong house. Crazy things happen." yes I'm sure heather." He says with a light chuckle.

"Why don't you go in and meet your family, I'll be right there with your bags." He trailes off with a small smile. " I don't know. Maybe I should help you with the bags." I say nervously picking at the chipped nail polish on my thumb a tendency I've had when I get a little stressed. Trying to prolong meeting them. I don't think this was a good idea. It's not too late to change my mind, Miss Callie did promise to come pick me up if I didn't feel safe being here. I'm beginning to consider it. Maybe I can make a run off it. Who I'm I kidding I wouldn't know where to go. Nor do I have money for another plane ticket.

"Trust me miss, They're excited to see you, go on." He tells me. Breaking my train of thought. I take a deep breath heading towards the three steps leading to the big black door. I raise my hand to press the doorbell but the door opens before i can startling me. Revealing a woman in her late forties with big blue eyes thick lashes covering them. Sizable lips painted in nude lipstick, Black hair cascading down her back in luscious waves. She's 5'9 and her height suits her body, her curves make her look younger than she is. Judging by the clothes she's wearing she's definitely not the maid, So she's either the famous step mom or a close relative. A bright smiles graces her painted lips revealing white teeth, causing small wrinkles at the corner of her eyes."Hey sweetie, I didn't mean to scare you. you must be heather, I'm Wendy your step mom". "I couldn't wait to meet you and you we're taking long to come in."Her soft voice says. It kinda reminds me of miss callie. The step mom." Your beautiful" she gushes down at me. My cheeks heat up. " Look at that. Oh my where are my manners Come on in" Her black hair bounces a bit when she steps aside for me to go in. I give her a smile walking past her. My eyes cautiously look around the place taking every in. I gasp at the sparkling chandelier in the middle of the open space spilling light on the two sided spiral staircase that's leading to the what I'm assuming are the other rooms.

A light touch breaks me from my embarrassing staring. I blush a little "I know it's a little too much at first but you'll get used to it. Come on, everyone is waiting for you." Her smile putting me a bit at ease. She leads us to what I'm guessing is the lounge filled with different voices talking in shushed tones. My eyes meet two older guys sitting next to an older looking version of them on the black leather couch. I quickly look down unable to face them. "Guys she's here" Wendy announces besides me. Everybody stops doing what they where doing and the room goes quite. Awkward The first person to get up is an old looking man probably in his early fifties, My eyes widen at the same eyes as mine staring back at me. No need to wonder where I got them from now. jet black hair with a few strands of grey, straight nose, perfect cheekbones and full lips. Over role his surprisingly handsome for his age. Gross not that way. He walks up to me towering over me, I don't even reach his chest. I take a small step back feeling a bit uncomfortable at the closeness. If he notices he doesn't say anything."Hey I'm Fred, your dad" he says in a deep voice what I'm I supposed to say to that. Great meeting you dad why didn't you want me? Why now? "Hi" I say shyly "And these are your brothers and sister " he points to the boys and the one girl behind him. Another girl that's great. Maybe this is going to work out after all.

The smile drops off my face as I make eye contact with the six elder boys and one girl that are not so subtle with the intense glaring they're giving me right now. Wait! Hold off on that thought I was wrong. I'm definitely not welcome. Oh boy, i'm barely here for five minutes and I can feel the intensity. This is going to be very interesting.is it too  late to leave? I think looking at my fingers like their the most interesting thing I've ever seen. Lord  I know you can hear me. Help me! Go and meet your new family she said. It will be great she said. Miss Callie I mentally yell in my brain.