CHAPTER-TWELVE

PAST

I slowly open my eyes looking around and I find  myself in a strange white room. I hear monitors beeping and the strong smell of medicine. I'm in the hospital but how? I turn and see a man sitting beside my bed his head resting near my left hand. The slight movement I make wakes him up."hey your awake how are you feeling? He asks rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. "I" I try to talk but  my throat feels like the Sahara desert." Let me get you some water."He gets up giving me the glass of water that was beside my bed.putting the straw to my lips." Drink slow." I drink slowly following his instructions."thank you ." I say quietly, He smiles at me."how are you feeling?" He asks softly," I'm okay." I answer. " Do you want me to call tthe doctor?" He asked. I nod my head. "Who are you?" I ask him. "Oh, I'm -" He gets cuts off by the door opening. "Hello." A soft voice greets behind the man. He moves aside revealing a pretty girl with brown caramel eyes, brown shoulder hair framing her porcelain face. Smiling at me. She looks around my age. She slowly comes near the bed standing next to him.  "Hey my name is-" she gets cut off by a new voice. " Hey everyone, I'm Dr. Brad Maxwell, I'm here to check on the pretty lady." Smiling down at me.

"Hey H, you in there." Someone says breaking me out of thought. "Yeah I'm out here, come in." The door opens, she walks in and joins my me on the balcony. "You okay?" She asks standing beside me. I turn and smile looking at the beautiful brown caramel eyes staring back at me." Yeah." I answer turning back to the view in front of us."H I know-" she starts but gets cut off by a voice behind us." There you are. I was looking for you?" He said. "Hey bro." "Princess can you give us second." A deep voice asks. "Yeah sure." She gives my arm a small squeeze before leaving us alone.   A pair of  arms wrap around my waist pulling me against a strong chest." You okay love?" He asks resting his chin on my shoulder. I lean back into his arms snuggling more into his body heat. "Mmmmh" I say with a sigh. "I know your not love, so you can stop pretending." He tells me giving my neck a small affectionate  kiss. "I know it's not easy for you. It wouldn't be for any other person. But it can always be better if you share it with someone." He tells me. "I know" I reply back. "So are you going to talk to me?" He asks. I turn around looking up to the stormy grey eyes I've grown to love more each and every day. "Ace it hurts." I bury my head into his chest. " I know it does baby." He soothes fingers through my hair.

"Okay everything seems fine." He says smiling down at me. "How bad is it?" He asks the doctor. "Well the three broken rib's and stab wound will only take a few weeks to fully heal. The bruises on her cheek and busted lip should take a few days and don't worry they will be no scars, the wound on the head should also take a few days to  heal. Overall you'll be good as new in a few weeks if your properly well taken care of. The nurse will be here in a few minutes to check on you. I'll swing by in couple of hours to check on you too." He adds giving us a small smile and leaving. I got stabbed?"So, I never got to introduce myself I'm Ace black." The man standing beside my bed says. I look up at him. I never really got a chance to really look at him, His really tall for starter's his six feet four or five, broad wide shoulders, thick black shinny hair. It's short in the sides and falls disheveled long on top, strong chiseled jaw and  the beautiful stormy grey eyes. Overall his drop dead gorgeous. I blush realising he caught me checking him out. "What's yours?" He askdd."what." I say a little confused. great now I look dumb "your name doll." My poor cheeks heat up more at the endearment he just used. "I- I -I'm Heather." I say with a stutter. Oh God kill me now. " That's a pretty name for a pretty doll like yourself." he says smoothly  my poor poor cheeks. "What happened to you doll" he asks me. The memories soon come back causing tears to fall. "Hey it's okay you don't have to tell me." Putting his hand on top of my left hand. His big hand completely swallows my small one. " Do you mind  me asking where your parents are?" " I- I don't know." Stuttering again "I have no where to go" I add playing with my fingers nervously. "Don't worry I'll take of you." I hear him say, looking up at him. His eyes look down at me softly.

And that's how the most amazing, generous and kind hearted man saved me five years ago. "What are you thinking about" He asked. "The day we officially met at the hospital." He smiles at me thinking of the day too. " Your little young self kept on checking me out." He says teasing me. " Don't remind me." I say hiding face into his chest in embarrassment. Getting a  deep chuckle from him. "Oh come on, It was so cute." He continues. "Aceee stop it," I smack his chest lightly. "I'm sorry doll I'll stop." I look up at him with a big smile gracing my face. His face hasn't changed much only become more handsome might I add. "Thank you for making me feel better." I tell him honestly. "You know I'll always  do anything for you love. So you don't have to thank me." He tells me " what did I do to deserve you?" I sigh. "You didn't do anything doll. I should the one  asking how I got so lucky. Now stop changing the topic. How you really feeling?" He asks." a bit sad" I deeply sigh " five years ago today was  the day he attacked me and I mean it was five years ago I should feel better, but I don't know it just scares me a little and hurts to remember." I add " If I didn't  run away that night he might ha-"  I don't finish to emotional to speak. "Shhhh it's okay baby, you don't have to talk" he tells me pulling me deeper into his arms. I sometimes still get the nightmares it wasn't easy to forget and every year on this day is still a bit hard for me. But Ace has really helped me a lot I don't know what I would have done without him. He was a true angel sent to help that day. After the day in the hospital, He stayed true to his word and took care of me till all of my injures were all healed up. And still decide to keep me. I didn't trust him at first I thought he was just going to hurt me like everyone else did. But with time he changed my mind completely, I can't even believe I ever thought he could do anything to me.

My teary eyes look into his sad ones. "You know I hate seeing you cry" he says wiping them away from my cheeks. "I'm sorry" I mumble. "you don't have to apologize love, it's good to cry it means your accepting and healing." He tells me cupping my cheeks. " I'm glad you let it all out." He assures me " Feeling any better?" I nod my head  giving him a watery smile. "You know I always feel better with you around." I tell him. His eyes brightening at what I just said. "Come on let's get inside." Ushering inside. "Can we have some ice cream?" I ask him " Anything for you doll" he says kissing my forehead lightly.

I hope you enjoy the chapter. 😭😭😭 it was just beautiful.
Why don't you let me know what you think.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment
💕💕💕💕💕

Byyyeeeeeee till next time👋👋👋👋