CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

LIAR

My whole body goes rigid."Act normal and don't say a word or else he dies I'm watching you." The voice at the end of phone warns. "Whose on line baby?" Ace asks. I turn giving him a fake smile hoping he can't see through it. "I-Its just Xavier." I say with a slight stutter. "Excuse yourself so we could talk comfortably." He demands. "I'll be right back." I whisper to Ace getting up. I quickly rush inside not trying to act anymore suspicious. "Who are you? And what do you want from Xavier? Why do you have his phone?" I question him all at once. "Awwwww baby if you keep forgetting me like this your going to start breaking my heart." He laughs mockingly. My blood runs cold at the familiarity in his voice. "It's you." Choking back the bile that's threatening to come up. "Ding, Ding, Ding. I knew you wouldn't forget me." He gloats. "Please tell me his okay." I plead tears furiously falling down my cheeks. "Well it all depends on you sweet cheeks." He rasps out, I silently cringe at the endearment he just used. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "You see Xavi boy is chilling here with me and I don't think his able to take himself home. So your going to come and get him." He says. I don't buy his bull shit one bit but it's the only way I can get Xavier back. "Oh, And if you fucking tell anyone about this I'm going to enjoy decorating the room with your little boy's brain." He spits venomously. "I want you to show me if his alive." I ask. He sighs dramatically before I hear my phone beep. I turn it look and what I see makes my heart drop to my stomach. "Fine, I'll be there just give me till midnight don't touch a single hair on his head or we're going to have some problems." I whispers darkly into the phone. "Not a single hair got it. " He says sarcastically. I close my eyes learning against the door for some support before my knees give out. This is all my fault oh my God he must be scared shirtless right now. There's only one thing I have to do now.

I quickly rush to the bathroom downstairs to wash any trace of tears. My Puffy eyes stare back at me in the mirror. I try to fix them as best as I could but I know someone is going to notice them under the makeup. Especially Ace. I practice my smile a few more times before Releasing a sigh I wipe my hands before heading back outside. I try to act normal before reaching back door.  It doesn't look as fake as it feels. "Is everything okay?" Ace asks immediately I take my seat. I nod my head avoiding his gaze. I try my level best to act okay but my mind can't stop thinking about Xavier. Is he okay? Does he have any injuries? Is he cold? Has he eaten? Most importantly who the hell has him and how did they even manage to capture him? "Hey H, are you okay? You have that deep frown on your face like something bad just happened." Matteo asks his eyes full of concern. "Oh yeah, I'm fine I'm just thinking of something it's nothing important." I say giving him a small smile praying he believes it.

Matteo's pov
I knew something was up the minute she came back with puffy eyes that are hiding under all that makeup. And the fake smile she keeps giving everyone don't reach her eyes. Her entire body language is completely off right after she came back it must be connected to the phone call she received earlier. But I know my sister and she's not going to tell me anything. No one knows this but I'm really good at seeing what other people don't. And it all happens with body language. Her body's been tense and she can't stop fidgeting nor has she stopped looking at her phone from time to time like she's waiting for something. No one seems to notice her odd mood. So I'm going to make it my mission to find out exactly what's going on.

Heather's pov

Once lunch was over I excused myself going up to my room thinking of a way to go out un noticed. But it's proving to be a difficult right now. I can't seem to be alone for a minute without being bothered by everyone. So I just pretended to sleep hoping that would keep them away from for a moment. A few hours later someone knocked on my door but after they got no response the door slowly opened. I shut my eyes pretending to be in deep slumber. "Hey Bubble, wake up it's time for dinner." Josh says softly waking me up. I wait for a second before I open my eyes slowly turning to face Josh. I rub my eyes looking up to see him staring back at me. "Hey, how long was I asleep?" I ask. I honestly don't know how long I just layed there staring at the wall zoning in and out. "Four hours." My eyes widen in shock. "Really four hours?" I ask. He nods his head. Wow. "I didn't know I was going to sleep for that long." I chuckle scratching the back of my head. "Give me a minute I just want to use the bathroom." I say. I take a few moments to calm myself before I can go out. God I hope his okay. Deep breaths heather just act like everything is okay you've done it so far and no one has noticed just a few more hours. I give my reflection one last small smile before leaving the bathroom.

Dinner was great but I couldn't help but get distracted by the whole situation. What if that was my last meal with them. I seriously don't know what's about to happen but my gut is telling me it's not going to have a pleasant outcome. I patiently wait for everyone to sleep before I can make my exist. This feels like déjà vu. Two excruciating long hours later everything seemed quiet enough for me to leave. My phone beeps and some message pops up from unknown number.
Unknown number; A car is waiting for you down the road. Hurry up sweetcakes 😘
My stomach turns in disgust at the endearment and emoji he just used. I get up from the bed walking into the closet deciding to put on blue jeans and a baggy black hoodie. slipping on my sneakers. Content with my look I quickly flip the lights off before I quietly sneak out. Once I reach the kitchen I remove the note from my back pocket placing it on the counter leaving using the back door again. Xavier hold on tight I'm coming to get you.

Chapter forty six all done and ready. Enjoy ❤️❤️❤️
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment.