CHAPTER FIFTY - SEVEN

SECOND CHANCE 😊

I quietly pack Ace's clothes in his duffle bag, While Xavier pushes Ace out of the hospital room on a wheelchair as they argue. It was not easy putting him on that chair because he was not willing to be seen pushed out on four wheels instead of using his two feet. As happy as I am that his still breathing, I can't just help but think about that day. He literally died on that table. It might have been for a few minutes but it felt like hours to me. And I just don't know how to move on from that traumatizing moment and it's definitely not helping that I keep on having nightmares. I haven't slept much since that day, it feels too good to be over I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't know if that makes any sense, My mind is over the place. I jump back startled when a hand lands on my shoulder. I whip around holding a hand up against my chest. "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Trent says. " No, it's okay I just didn't hear you come in." I give him a small smile. Turning back around as I continue packing his clothes, Didn't notice I stopped and must have zoned off. " You know I can tell your not okay." He said. Of course he can. Because now all my brother's eyes are on me every where I go watching my every move. Waiting for my next reaction . " Come on, H talk to me." He says.

"I'm fine Trent. You don't have to watch my every move." I say. He scoffs " Tell that to the nightmares you've been having." He retorts back. I wince a little. I seriously thought I had that under wraps but who I am kidding I'm sure they've been watching me while I sleep.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of them as been sleeping right outside my bedroom. Considering I sometimes wake up to one them right beside me. I turn to give him a blank look. " what do you want me to tell you?" I ask with a raised brow. " The truth." He answered back. He steps closers holding my gaze. " I'm worried about you. You haven't said much since the accident and it doesn't help that we can all hear you scream the whole house down, Every night." I look down feeling slightly guilty. The last thing I want is to worry anyone. He tapped two fingers under my chin, startling me as I looked up to meet the concern in his eyes. "I'm scared Trent, He was taken away from me and I keep reliving it all over again. I don't know how to shut it off." I say slowly, Trying to fight back down the emotions bubbling within me. But that's seems to fail as I release an uncontrollable sob. Arms wrap around me pushing me into his chest. He cups my cheeks wiping away the tears that continue to cascade down.

"Baby girl, I know he was taken away from you and I can only imagine what that felt like. If I had the chance to take away all the pain that keeps eating you, I would. You know I don't like seeing you in pain. But unfortunately I can't. So you need to realize that his alive and well. And I'm pretty sure his not going anywhere any time soon. Considering he just confessed his undying love for you last time. Which by the way was truly disgusting." He teases, trying to lighten up the mood. I chuckle feeling a little lighter. "Yoh, what's holding you guys here? We need to leave for my sanity before I kill your boyfriend or the other one." Matteo says visibly annoyed. He stops looking at the both of us. " Is everything okay?" He asked. " Yeah, we're almost done." I answer too quickly. He narrows his eyes at me trying to read me. Oh, great we're going to be here for a while.

After, The little break down I had in the hospital room. I feel slightly better. "Baby doll, Are you okay? You've kinda been zoning out a lot and you seem a bit down." I open my mouth to reply but he cuts me off. " And think carefully before you answer that. Don't lie to me." He said giving me a pointed look. I sigh taking a deep breath. I fidget a little under his scrutinizing gaze. There's no way out now. "I've been having nightmares of the day you died and you never wake up in my dreams. I never seem to save you no matter how much I try. I wake up in tears scared to death that it's real and your really dead. I can't sleep without one of my brothers next to me." I chock out softly. I buried my head in my hands not ready to face him. "Hey" He cups my cheeks softly forcing me to meet his eyes. "Baby, You don't know how sorry I am you had to go through that. I don't know how to make it better. I'm here with you and I promise I'll never leave you again." He places my hand on his chest. Feeling the beat of his heart. " Feel that? That's the beat of the second chance I was given to be with you and I can assure you it won't stop anytime soon. It's all yours, All you have to do is feel it." I look at my hand on his chest as it slowly follow the movement of his heart beat. I move my eyes meeting his teary grey ones. "I love you." I whisper out. He smiles at me softly. " I would have been worried if you said you didn't." He teases me pulling me to him. I wrap my arm around his neck carefully not to meet his injured side. His circles my waist pulling me closer to him. I feel his lips on top of my head. I close my eyes inhaling his intoxicating scent. Feeling right at home.

" I think I need to seek help. To help me push through this nightmare." I say out loud what I've been thinking but not having the courage to say it out loud. " And I'll be with you at each step of the way." He answers back immediately. Giving my waist a tight squeeze. God I love this man. I hold the lump in my throat. "Thank you." I look up to face him. His usual stormy eyes grow a lighter shade of grey as they stare back at me with so much affection. "You don't need to thank me baby, you know I'd do anything for you literally. Not to brag but I did take a bullet for you." He brags like it's an accomplishment. I scoff at him. "Yeah, and almost died." Rolling my eyes. "Wow, So it's like that now." I hear the lightness in his voice. I put my head back on his chest with a giggle. "Never do that again though." Seriously. All jokes aside. " I can't promise that, If I have to save you again then I'll do it again without hesitation. I'll gladly lay down my life for you." He says full of determination. I sigh knowing I'll also do the same for him. " I know what your thinking and I'll prevent that from happening." I reply with a small smile of mine. "Whatever." He lightly tickles my waist. I shrink startled. "Stop! That." I huff. " Drop the attitude." I nearly roll my eyes but stop myself before he tickles me again. "Fine, let's just sleep then." I close my eyes. "I Love you, Baby doll." He whispers out softly. I smile brightly. "I Love you too Ace." I pray this never changes.

So sorry it took me this long to update hope you enjoy it ❤️
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment