CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

ACE

"How are you feeling?" Mason asked. "Like I've been run over by a fucking truck." I reply making him wince. It's been hours since my siblings and I made some improvement and they haven't left my side not that I'm complaining it's feels warm being showered with so much affection. I've been smothered with a lot of questions from Dante,Mason, Trent and Matteo trying to know everything about me. The door opens we all turn to see Josh Walk in. "Hey,Bear you okay?" I ask. He shakes his head. "I've been thinking about your accident who could possibly be behind this and everything in me is telling me it's whoever the fuck has been threatening you. Who knows how long they've been waiting to hurt you and I'm sure it's not the last time." He says. I mean yeah now that he says exactly what I've been thinking makes it a little more real than I actually thought. I'm scared shit-less not knowing whose doing this to me. Reaching the point of taking me to the hospital I should be thanking my lucky stars right now. "You seriously don't know what all this is about?" Bella asked. I shake my head "No I don't but most of the pictures that kept being-" I trail off at the sudden realisation. "Most of the pictures that were sent are of Ace and I have the most mean death threats. I don't want to assume anything but maybe their trying to scare me away from Ace I guess, I don't know. I'm just thinking out loud." I huff. " What!" A voice booms in the room I jump a little at the tone of his voice. I look up and see Ace staring at me. Shit

"Baby" I start to talk but his hard stare shuts me up. "What's going on?" He asked. "And don't lie to me." He adds looking at me. "Ever since we got here someone has been sending me death threats. And telling me to stay away from their man." I say slowly. "Don't forget the creepy dolls, very expressive letters, photos and dead roses." Josh speaks up. I look at him shutting him up with a glare. He shrugs off my glare facing Ace. "Is this true?" Ace asks me. I nod fiddling with my fingers. "Doll how don't I know of this? And why didn't you tell me this has been happening to you?" He asked his voice full of hurt. I don't look at him feeling guilty maybe I should have told him first. "Worse the same siblings that hurt you are the first to know." He chuckles humorlessly shaking his head in disbelief. "Ace its not like that." I try to defend myself. "We don't keep things from each other. Isn't that what you told me?" His stormy grey's reflect with so much hurt. It breaks my heart knowing I did that to him. "Ace-" But he walks out not letting me finish. "No! Wait please Ace! Let me explain." I yell trying to get up watching his retreating back. I cry out in pain as I try to move. Matteo gently pushes back down. "Heather please come down. Your not allowed to move so much."I shake my head sobbing. "No you d-don't understand I-i need to explain everything to him." I stutter out. I hear the heart monitor start beeping. "Woah bubble calm down, breath in with me." I close my eyes following josh's instructions. I hear the monitor go back to normal. Dante walks up to me patting my leg. I try to get up again but my brothers stop me. "I need to go talk to him, His probably thinking the worst of me right now." I say frantically.

"How can you do that when you can't even stand." Mason asks. "But I can't just let him go like that!" I yell tears whirling up in my eyes again. It's all my fault his so hurt and it's all my fault. My heart breaks at how hurt he looked. "Hey, it's okay will go check up on him." Trent tells me. "Really?" I ask. He nods. Trent and Case go out looking for him. "I really wanted to tell him but I didn't want to worry him with all this I know I'm wrong but I just thought I was doing the right thing." I breath out swallowing the lump stuck on my throat trying not to cry. "I know H. His hurt right now he just needs time he'll be back don't worry." Bella assures me. I sigh looking at my siblings. Soon the door opens I expect Ace to walk in but it's my mom's. It's not like I don't want to see them. "Hey, Baby." Mama walks up to me. Placing a kiss on my forehead. "Hey mama." I smile up at her. Mom walks up to me too kissing my forehead. "How are you feeling?" Mom asked. "Awful." I sigh. She gives me a sympathetic smile. "I'm glad your alive you scared us there." Mom says. "Yeah." I smile. "Becky, Xavier and your papa will be here shortly." She tells me. "Have you eaten anything." Mom asked. I shake my head. "No I know what your thinking mom  but I'm not hungry right now." I tell her. "But sweetie you need to eat something you haven't eaten since your accident." She says worried. Her eyes sadden. "Baby your mom is right. You need to eat something." Mama adds. "Fine, I'll eat something I'm just waiting for Ace to come back." I tell her. She looks at me confused. "I thought he was already here." She looks around. "Uhhh, yeah he did. But something happened." I say slowly. "Oh, what happened?" Mom asked scrunching are eyebrows in confusion. "I can't tell you right now." I tell her. "I'm waiting for everyone to come." I add. " I hope it's nothing serious." She says looking at me but I look away avoiding her gaze. What I'm I supposed to say to that.

A while later Trent and Case come back. I look at them with hope but from the look on their face I can tell it's not good. My vision suddenly start to blur with the tears threatening to escape. "I'm sorry Heather we tried to talk to him but he wouldn't barge he didn't want to listen. he left before we could even say anything." He said sympathy laced in his voice. I bow my head silently crying. "Why would he leave like that?" I hear mama ask. I don't say anything thinking of where he could possibly be. I'm so sorry Ace.

So sorry I took so long to update. I've just been trying to think of how to plot the whole chapter nevertheless I hope you love this one.
Don't forget to
Vote
Comment.
Don't be a ghost reader guys come on.
Byeeeeeeeeee 👋👋👋👋❤️