Chapter 2

Skye
There wasn't any basketball training for the first week of school so the time I had was overwhelming. I slept and slept once I got home and woke up the next morning to repeat my daily routines.

It wasn't just time that was making me like this, I saw a guy getting into a car together with Reyna. I didn't know she had a boyfriend. Reyna had always been single and she rejected every guy or girl that hit on her. She had built her walls strong and tall enough to fend off everyone just like me.

I was a rather confident person but I just couldn't openly tell people I was a girl with a dick. Hence, I was definitely and totally still virgin. I've never kissed anyone before, so would there be anyone that had touched my dick other than I, me and myself? Of course not!

During our first assembly of the year, our principal gave the whole school a project to do with our tablemate in class. I never knew that was possible; for our principal to make every student do the same thing. Our principal, Mrs Jacobs, said she wanted the children nowadays to be patient, caring and loving, and learn how tough it was to grow food. Therefore, making the decision to let all her students in River Valley High School do this.

'This' was to plant a green bean plant until the fruit aka green beans can be collected. There was a target that all students need to achieve which was 100 green beans within 6 months.

"You will have to favourite thing everyday, which is to take a selfie with the plant, together with your partner until you hit your target," Mrs Jacobs said and the whole school burst out into laughters. "Hush, it is to make sure yall ain't cheating."

"All the staff members including myself would be doing it with everyone of you, so, do not complain to us that it is difficult or impossible." Mrs Jacobs said sternly. "I tried planting it before school started and I collected 100 within three months. All the best!"

In conclusion, the school would provide every pair with ten green beans and a packet of soil. Wasn't that a waste of money? We have to submit the picture onto the school's online learning platform and the teachers would have to check. Student who failed to do that would have to attend one week of detention each time they didn't submit their selfies.

^~^

Reyna stared at me and I stared back at her blankly. "How are we doing this?" Reyna poked the packet of soil with her pointer finger while I held the bag of green beans feeling lost. We had to see each other everyday to take a selfie with the soil.

"Let's plant it at my house. It's closer to school and we can go there straight after school." I blurted out, not giving Reyna any chance to share her ideas as of where should we plant it.

"Sure." It was a bit shocking that she didn't give it a second thought before agreeing.

◉‿◉

"Let's go." Reyna said to me out of nowhere when school ended. I looked at her questionably and she added, "Your house."

"What?" Reyna wanted to go to my house today? My house was very messy though... Wasn't that expected from someone who lived alone.

"You are not free today?"

"Uhh... My house is quite messy." I scratched my hair.

"It's fine, we just need to plant the green beans. I can close my eyes when I walk in if you want."

"Nah, let's go."

Reyna walked beside me on the tiny corridor outside the classrooms with many people walking in pairs. They were also like us, I guessed. She followed me as we made our way to my house.

We walked side by side awkwardly and in silence. Reyna walked with her head down and it made me wondered what was so interesting about the road. Think of something! Think of something to talk about! YES! "You can drive?"

"Yes." Reyna replied without looking at me.

"You have a car?"

"Yes."

"A boyfriend?" Her head snapped up.

"No?"

"No? With a question mark?"

"No." She shooked her head and looked down again.

"Then who was the guy went into your car that day?" The guy had been bothering me since that day.

"That day? When? The only males that has ever been on my car is my dad and my brother." Reyna mumbled.

"Yes!" I cheered softly to myself but Reyna heard it and glanced at me so I shooked my head. I saw my apartment and pointed to it, "I live there, second floor." To be honest, the whole building was mine.

-wh