Chapter 5

Skye
Reyna seemed different today. Did something happened to her? She talked even lesser than usual, smiled less than usual and her replies were shorter than it already was.

"Are you okay? Do you want some tomatoes?" It was the only thing I knew she liked. Reyna smiled but shooked her head. This was bad, so rejected my tomatoes. "Did something happen?" She shooked her head again.

I went to the toilet and locked the door, then called Luna quietly. "What made the sky call me?" was the first thing she said.

"Why do you think Reyna is different today?" I spoke softly.

"Number 1, something bad happened. Number 2, you did something wrong. Number 3, period. Number 4, someone died. One of them would be correct. Bye." Luna hung up just like that.

I walked out and saw Reyna staring at me. "What..?"

"Who did you call to ask about me?" Reyna watched me intently.

"I didn't c-call anyone? I needed to pee."

"It's loud and clear, 'why do you think Reyna is different today?' Echo is such a nice thing." Reyna tilted her head to the side.

"Luna. Did I do something wrong?" Reyna shooked her head. "Are you on your period?"

"Yes." Reyna cocked her eyebrow.

"Period is such a scary thing. Do you need anything?" I made a mental note to remember the day Reyna gets her period. Periods changed people into scary people.

"Can you cuddle me to sleep?"

"Are you staying over night here?"

"Can I?"

"Yes, and yes."

Reyna
I sat at the dining table as Skye offered to cooked dinner for me. That question was never meant to be asked. I had never slept with or cuddled with someone but Skye made me want to. Skye made me want to do many things with her. She was so unexpected at the same time.

The first day of school was a shock for me. I never thought that the basketballer would choose to sit beside me, a boring and lame person. Visiting her house and seeing how she lived alone in an empty apartment made me feel sad for her. Why was she living alone at such a young age while I lived with my parents.

Skye quitted basketball at this timing was much more surprising. She was a great player and a team player. I had been to her tournaments before and she looked so hot when she shot the ball. Now that she wasn't playing anymore was such a waste.

I called Mommy before sitting here and told her I was staying at Skye's house for the night. "Stay safe" was her words to me. Mommy was quite used to me staying over at Janice's or Shelly's over the years. She knew all about Skye because of Zan and his obsession over Skye as a cool senior and basketballer.

"It's hot." Skye placed a bowl of porridge in front of me and sat directly opposite with another bowl for herself. I smiled at Skye as she blowed her porridge like how kids do before they eat. She stirred in circles and blowed with her cheeks inflated.

When I tried eating, it wasn't exactly that hot like how Skye had been blowing at her porridge. Maybe I was trained to eat things when it's still hot. My family was used to eating once Mommy finished cooking.

°□°

"You can shower first, I will wash the plates and bowls." Skye said to me when we finished our food.

Leaving the bowls to her, I walked into the bathroom wondering what will I wear after showering.

"I left some clothes on the floor outside the toilet and uh.. I will be watching the TV." Skye knocked and said while I was drying myself.

I took the clothes and put them on, then stared into the mirror to see the big shirt Skye provided. I liked the smell. I got out to let her know I was done and asked for her hairdryer which she said was in the first drawer beside her bed before she went into the bathroom.

Curiosity got over me as I pulled opened the second drawer. There were two things inside; a bottle of oil and a hollow cylinder shaped translucent rubber. Not knowing why she needed then for, I closed it without any second thought and plugged in the hairdryer to dry my hair.

-wh