chapter 1

The only thing the hybrid fox was able to see was darkness, until the clothes he had on his eyes was savagely removed. The only thing he could see was a big white flash, until his eyes were able to adjust to the sudden light, meeting up with a disfigured man in front of him crouching in front of him, since he was sitting on his knees. The first thought that came to his mind was how ugly he was to his taste. The stranger had many huge scars running across his face. But even with his wounds, he could tell he looked actually quite young, his clothes were also giving him a savage aspect. He looked down from the man, dodging his fire-colored eyes, and gulped as he noticed the big axe that was strapped to his belt.

-Stay still if you don’t want to get hurt.’’ A, strangely enough, calm voice says coming out of nowhere. -We don’t want to ruin that beautiful face of yours. Your owner has spent a lot of money on you. Which breed of fox are you exactly?’’  

Questioned the new man that had appeared into his vision, walking out of the darkness.  

-Just an ordinary one.”

-If you say so.”

The fox growled a little when he looked down at the floor, he didn’t want to tell them the truth since his breed was endangered. His value was way bigger than others, and that could be way more dangerous for him or even his family, if he just tells everyone. His parents always told him to keep it a secret, he needed to keep his mouth shut.  

The new man gets out of the room, taking his massive battle axe with him, that was laying against the wall. He could still see him in the doorframe and he was talking with a tall man that was wearing a long cape with a dark pelt around his neck... The pelt smelled like a wolf. Like a real one. That man was wearing a pelt of his people around his neck like a trophy...

To avoid any eye contact with the man he was left with, he started to look around his environment. He was in a small wooden cabin, the light that had blinded him some minutes later was coming from some windows that were close to the ceiling. The room was quite dark other than that, there was nothing really into the room. Excepted him, and the man he was left with. He tried to move is arms, that were going numb, but a sharp pain hit him. He tried to look over his shoulder the best he could but couldn’t see the state of his wrists were in. He guessed that they were in bad shape probably because of the rough rope that was tie around them. As he moved his head to look on top of his shoulder, he felt also something around his neck. He followed the rope with his eyes slowly, to see that the man in front of him was the one holding it while smirking at him.  

Yeosang sighed loudly, he could try to run away from this dirty place, but he wouldn’t. He needed to stay. Why? Why didn’t he just run away like everybody else would do in a situation like that one? It’s not like he didn’t want to. That’s because it was his own choice. His family couldn’t pay the huge taxes of the state, they were full of debt and even borrowed money from a group that had set up randomly in their village not too long before. It wasn’t the first time they were setting up close, but this time his family was hit by it. They thought they were safe back then, but they were wrong.  

One day when the group came for their money, which they didn’t have yet, the group had beaten up his father to rush him to pay the fastest way possible. He still remembered it, the face of his father was

puffy, full of blood and bruises. That sight broke his heart completely. But they still couldn’t pay them back. After they had beating his father, the group came every day to threaten them. Day after day.