chapter 11

After a long walk in the wood, Mingi and Yunho finally reached the market place really late at night. And of course, they didn’t find any trace of their master and the fox. The dog walked outside of the old barn, where they had both slept, with a loud yawn and stretching his whole body with some cracks. He looked everywhere at the outside, as he took a deep breath of fresh air in. He jumped suddenly when he felt something hot poked his back.

-Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. This is for you, we didn’t really eat yesterday.”

Yunho looked at Mingi, who had come back from one of the stands that was opened early in the morning, extended him a bowl full of white rice.

-Mingi, we don’t have any money on us. If you tell me you stole it...”

The tone of the strict voice of Yunho was enough to warn the poor tiger to be prepared for the worst.  

-Wait! Wait! Yunho I swear, I didn’t steal it, I already told you I'm not into that anymore. It’s the sweet old lady of the stand who gave it to us because she thought you were cute. I think she might have a little something into you.”

He pointed his finger at the old lady of the stand who smiled brightly at them, waving her hand happily. Yunho couldn’t help but smile and bow his head to thank her, this sort of kind people like her are a rare case and they should enjoy it.  

-It’s just a shame you are already taken by the god himsel-” He was quickly cut off.

-Mingi. You were supposed to look where Yeosang and our master was.”

Taking the bowl that was in the tiger hand and the wooden chopsticks who was with it, Yunho turned his back to Mingi and went to sit on a wooden bench just beside a stand, who was still closed.  

-Wait!” Mingi took his own bowl and went to sat beside Yunho.

-I already have my idea where they are, even more if it was raining like yesterday. He wouldn’t go back to the domain like this, or else we would have crossed path. So, knowing him, there’s only one place where he could go. And we can’t go there, so the best we can do is wait here since we are close to the exit.”

-Then, where Yeosang could be at?” The dog said, looking down at his bowl.

He didn’t really want to eat when he was that much worried. But he didn’t have a choice if he didn’t want to collapse on the ground later, they have a long way to walk later.

-He’s probably with him. He would surprise me more if he wasn’t. Don’t worry too much alright?”

Eating slowly, Yunho nodded as Mingi pat the top of his head, taking off some small straws who was stuck in his hair. Since they slept in a small abandoned wooden barn, the only bed they found was a pile of stray on the ground. At least, they slept a little bit alone, just the two of them. They ate in silence while waited until they finally saw their master coming their way with a violet small bag in hand with something big on his back. And that ‘something’ was the fox, still covered with the sleeve of the blue hanbok over his head.

-Master! I was so much worried, please don’t run away like that... If something had happened, Mingi wasn’t there to protect you...”

The dog said walking towards them. He looked up at the shoulder of his master, where Yeosang’s head was. He looked very tired... But Yeosang still simply gave him a small smile.