chapter 16

After he escorted Yeosang to his room, San got back to his own and picked up the present he had for Jongho. He sighed, and once he had it, he walked towards the diner room where his brother was waiting for him.

He was happy to see his brother again but almost each time they saw each other, they end ups arguing. Even if they were brothers, they were too much different. Jongho was there perfect to the eyes of everybody. He was smart and brought honors to their family name. But him... He wasn’t even near to be like that and everybody also knew that.

Taking another deep breath, San went finally inside of the diner room. Like he thought, Jongho was sitting on a cushion, arms crossed on his chest, tired of waiting.

-Finally, you came.”

-Yeah, I did.” Smirking, San sat on another cushion in front of Jongho.

The younger sighed, then a weird smell came up his nose. The smell was coming from the other wolf and unfortunately, he was well aware of that type of smell.  

-… Did you really fuck while I was waiting for you?”

-Well, I can’t lie to you.”

Smiling, since he didn’t really give a damn about that, the older looked at the door when a servant called his presence to get inside once he had the approval. He slowly opened the door and walked inside of the room with another servant, they had a tray full of food and a jar also full of alcohol in their hands. San could hear his stomach growls when he looked at their food. Everything looked delicious...

Bowing their head once they set all of the food and drinks on the small table, the servant got out to finally leave them both alone.  

-Before eating, I wanted to give you this since Father asked me to give you a present each time you come back after a while.”  

San took the small violet bag who was just beside him, and extended the present in front of his brother with his two hands.

-I didn’t know what to give you... So, there you go.”

Jongho took the present carefully, even if he was not sure which present he was giving him that time. He just hoped it wasn’t an ugly jar he would never use once in his life or some other stuff like that. He unwrapped the small tissue and honestly, he was more than surprise to see a beautiful gray and white hanbok, he was more than amazed by it. He slid his fingers on the tissue, it was really soft. The tissue was really high quality.

-Wow! Did you have help? This is the first time you give me a beautiful present, you surprised me this time. Thank you, brother.” Jongho smiled happily, he couldn’t wait to wear that beautiful hanbok on.

-… Maybe. Wait... Do you mean I didn’t offer you beautiful presents before?” San said, frowning his eyebrows and crossed his arm on his chest.

-Brother, to my birthday last year you gave me wooden chopsticks that were already been used...” Responded Jongho, wrapping back the present in the tissue to be sure it won’t be soiled because of the food.

-Pff, whatever. At least I didn’t forget your birthday.”

-Sometimes, you should forget it. But thank you.”

-Ok, rude.”

San uncrossed his arms and took some chopsticks and started eating. And well, next time he would give a present to someone else, he would ask the fox for help.  

-By the way, how long are you staying here this time?” San asked, after he poured himself a cup of soju.

-Probably for a month, I have some duty to do here so... and, you need to know that next time I come back here, our father will be with me.”

Responded Jongho as he took the chopsticks also and started to eat at his turn. But, he couldn’t help than to think about something else that was disturbing him.  

-Talking about father, do he know about the new slave you bought?”

-Who do you think I am? Of course he doesn’t know. He will see by himself when he will come back home.” San said nonchalantly, he just simply continued to drink his cups one by one.

-Brother... You should be more careful with that, I don’t know all of what you did when we weren’t there and I’m not sure if I want to know. But be sure, father will know everything one way or another. And the day he will decide it’s enough... I don’t want to-” San quickly cut him off.

-Can you stop ! You say that like I didn’t know! More the time pass, more you become like him! I’m still your older brother, I don’t want to hear any lessons from you! As perfect you seem to be for all of our family, your not! And start to keep your whore to yourself, next time he touches my fox in front of me, he will regret it.”

The room went into a deep silence for a long minute, San was too pissed to think about all the words that came out of his mouth.

Jongho clenched his fists, breaking the chopsticks that was still in his hands. He was naturally calmer than his older, but they were some things that shouldn’t be said. As San, Jongho wasn’t a person to mess with, even more when he was a royal guard of the palace.

-Don’t call him whore in front of me! No matter how sad or angry you are, that doesn’t mean you can say whatever you want to everyone.”

-That’s it. You cut off my appetite.” San got up, without asking for something else and without even looking back at his brother. -Enjoy your meal.”

Jongho looked at the table, yet again, San would rather run away. He was tired of arguing with him, it wasn’t really like that between them before. When they were young, he was always smiling and laughing or he was focused on his studies, he was the good example for the other kid. But for San himself, he was just living his life to the fullest. But when their mother passed away from an unknown illness when they were still young teenagers... San changed completely. He was very close to their mother, even more than him. She was a hybrid wolf too, but she always had this unknown sickness since she was young, but more the time passed, the worst it got. Her hunger increased and yet, she was only losing weight. Her vision was always blurring, she was tired all day even if she didn’t do anything. The doctor thought it was an illness that was connected to her life style, so he asked her to take care more of herself and to eat well/ She was forbidden to eat sweet meals or anything like that.  

But San was always there for her. As soon as his studies were over, the first thing he did was to look after her. Whatever she could ask him, San would do it. Brought her water or even gave her a good massage or her shoulders. They were enjoying each moments shared together, they were making beautiful memories that San never forgot. From the times she was making some awkward jokes and mess with him, to the moments she was angry at him. He cherished all of that, she was a sweet person always there for her husband and her boys.  

But she didn’t make it. She died suddenly one day and nobody saw it coming, it happened very fast. Too fast for his brother...

Jongho sighed, he would give anything to make his brother turn back like he was in the past. Not that strange person he became... Not that brother who was only drinking to forget everything and fucks everywhere like a real animal, while brought a lot of problems to their father.

Their father wasn’t perfect either, but he tried his best for them. Raise alone two teenager hybrids wasn’t an easy duty. The only reason why their father let San do what he always wanted, was to make him feel better. It worked at first, but soon, it grew to be a real problem. Jongho knew these days were coming to an end. San was pushing his luck and the patience of their father way too far.

.

.

.

A/N: for the people who is wondering , san's mom  die from diabetes.