chapter 9

When San was finally far away from the other boys, he slowed down the horse’ speed. Yeosang sighed in relief, but the pain he was feeling on his back didn’t calm down. In fact, it was way worst. He could even feel a pain in his stomach starting to show itself. A horse ride at fast speed didn’t help.

-Are you going to survive?”

-Y-yes...” The fox responded while holding his stomach. -But... Can I ask you where we are going master?”

San put his chin on the other’s shoulder, since Yeosang was sitting in front of him, while looking forwards. They were already arrived at their destination.  

-Look for yourself. You probably didn’t see a huge market place like this and this close to the gate. But, I need a gift for my younger brother who will come back very soon.”

-I didn’t know you had a younger brother master.”  

Yeosang said, as he asked himself if the brother looked like his master physically and mentally. He really hoped he didn’t.

-Well, you learned something new about me today. Now we need to walk from here.”

He pulled the reins back, to make the horse stop and slid himself down the horse behind. He walked to the side of the horse, while Yeosang swung one of his legs on the other side of the creature towards San. He extended his two hands in front of him as his master simply took him in his arms and pulled him down.

-T... thank you.”

The wolf after that action, grabbed the reins of the horse once again and swung it over its head so he could take him in a place where he knew he would leave him without any risk. When someone spotted him, he ran to them and bowed completely in front of San before extended his hands to take the horse reins. San let go of the beast, and looked at the other man as I warning to take good care of his horse. The other simply bowed his head once again, dodging the wolf eyes and walked away. Then he started walking around with a curious Yeosang. They searched around the first small stand, but walked further only to see way other different and bigger stands. Some were full of foods, others were selling clothes, jewels... everything. The fox didn’t know where to look, he was amazed by all of it. They mad many diversities of hybrids people around, so many different smells were hitting the air. He then looked at his master, smiling a bit. Almost forgetting he still wasn’t feeling too well.

-But, what do you want to buy here for your younger brother, master?”

-Honestly, I don’t know... I’m not really good at finding gifts.” He answered almost in a whisper. That was already embarrassing enough for him.  

Yeosang couldn’t help but giggled, he didn’t know some nobles could still have small problems like every other hybrid. And probably even some humans. What that the reason why his master asked for him to come? If it was the case, then, he would help him and ignored the burning sensation that was burning all the inside of his body. Why the temperature was this hot outside, even though the sky looked like it could rain at any moment? He shook his head, trying to ignore it once again.

Master, can you tell me what you brother likes?”

-He’s a person who have more of a richer taste than me. And he doesn’t like any kind of sweet dessert... I don’t even know what present he could like.” Responded the wolf, a bit desperate.