chapter 5

The day before, at dinner time.

Yunho bowed gently in front of the cook, thanking him for the meal. When he finally got out of the kitchen to join Yeosang at the table, he wasn’t there. He wasn’t anywhere to be seen. The only thing that was left was his bowl, still full of food. He felt his heart squeeze in his chest. A wave of stress hit him, panicking, his hands went weak and let his bowl fell to the ground. Did the other servants did something to him? Did he tried to run away? In any case, it wasn’t a good sign.

Not wanting to waste any more time, he ran inside of the domain to find him. Of course, without any success. He even asked to many servants if they saw him, but nobody knew where he was. While some didn’t even know who he was. He couldn’t blame them, since he arrived not too long ago. But something was up, he was sure. It wasn’t normal at all. He felt so much guilt, he let him out of his sight for two minutes and something already happened to him. He was his responsibility and yet, he failed.

-Oh, you look lost.”

Turning his head around, he looked at the lady servant who was smiling way too much to him. He didn’t like her, and she never liked him either. But compared to her, he never tried to something bad or simply evil.  

-Did you saw the new blond servant who was with me? He has one blue eye and the other is yellow, you can’t miss him...”

-Hmm... I don’t know... Ah! Wait, are you talking about the person you are in charge of?”

She knew something, why didn’t he think about her first? He should have known since she was one of the servants who would do anything to stay on the good side of their master.

-Yes, just tell me where he is.”  

The tone of Yunho’s voice grew cold, almost as if he was ready to bite anyone who dare to hurt Yeosang.

-Poor stupid whore you are, I didn’t bother to tell you before. He is with the master right now, you shouldn’t bother him he is kind of busy with him, you know.”

She started to walk to go past him, while laughing proud of herself. Yunho turned around and grabbed her shoulder, pressing it with his large hand. He was angry. The lady shivered, she could feel the cold gaze of Yunho behind her back.

-If I were you, I would stay still you never know when something can happen to you.”

She said while trying to look unimpressed. She never saw Yunho like that before. But that gave her some other idea, she found another weakness of him.

-Is that a threat?”

-I should ask you the same whore. Let me go and I will ignore what you just did.”

He let go of his grip of the lady, and walked away grinning his teeth. He should stay calm like he always did, but sometimes he just couldn’t. He was the one in fault, he let the fox out of his sight... He couldn’t even go find him and free him from their master hands. It was frustrating.

The next morning, Yunho stopped in front of his master room, holding a porcelain tray full of food. He sighed lightly before he announced his presence.

-Young master, your breakfast his ready.”

San got out of the room, as a sweat smell filled the air got out following him, he arranged his hanbok and tied his belt.