chapter 6

Yunho whipped his cheeks with the back of his hand, sniffing a bit. He finally looked up at Yeosang, with a happy smile. He felt deeply relief that the fox wasn’t accusing him of anything. He didn’t even get mad at him, he was happy... If his tail could be out, it would have swung in all directions.

-But... there’s something I don’t understand. Why did you say you searched for me yesterday? The lady told me she will advise you that I was with the master...”

Yeosang asked, as he pulled back his own hand that was on the dog’s head. Yunho gritted his teeth, why was she like that? He didn’t like her... But she always liked to add something more to make him hate her even more each day.

-No... She didn’t say anything. That doesn’t surprise me actually. She’s a rabbit hybrid, her name is haneul. For now, she is one of the ‘favorite’ of the master. So, she thinks she can do whatever she wants since the master won’t say a single thing.”

-She’s just a bitch.” Responded Yeosang almost instinctively, without thinking.

Not expecting that answer, Yunho eyes go wide and he couldn’t help but laugh. The fox didn’t hold back his words, he was really special.  

-But, what did you mean by she’s the favorite for now?”

Yeosang didn’t even know the noble could have a favorite slave, since they were low born and small species. They were far from wolves or even lions, who was always nobles or a high rank. He never saw one of them being a servant of something like that.  

-She is the favorized by our master because he sleeps with her more often than anybody else in here. So she has some privileges sometimes. Like free day, skip a duty or rule some people. And they can’t do or say anything about it, or else the master will get mad. She even believes that the master loves her or something like that.”

The taller man looked down, feeling a bit sad when he thought about his master life. He had everything, but also nothing at the same time.  

-But we all know the master can’t love anyone... He will get tired of her like everybody else before her. But she will do anything to stay by him. We need to be really careful with her.”

Yeosang simply nodded his head, he felt like he needed to be wide awake for where he was going from now on if he wanted nothing to happen to him or Yunho. But most importantly, he needed to be even more careful of their master.  

-And for today, the master already gave you a free day. But before that, you must be starving. Please eat, I don’t want to throw away this good food. After that you will take a bath, is that alright for you? And also, don’t forget to hide your ears and your tail.”

Yeosang nodded his head once again, taking his time to make his ears and tail disappear. The only reason why it was considerate inappropriate for hybrid people to show their animal part, was because it takes some concentration to make them disappear all the time. If they showed it, it could show their feelings. Like sadness, anger, heat, excitement and pain. That was a proof of your animal part who was taking over you. It was like to show to everyone you couldn’t control yourself. Showing people how you really felt in the inside. It was probably simple to show it all the time, but that didn’t work like that there.

Yunho finally handed him their master meal that he didn’t want, and for the first time since he got there, Yeosang was finally able to eat a whole meal. The food was the best he never ate in his life, it was way better than simple bread or rice... How much the nobles were treated different from them? Even the food was better, everything wasn’t the same.