Mehendi

Long chapter alert*

+ Unedited

Aradhana~

I woke up right at time and took a bath. I kneeled down infront of my suitcase, deciding what to wear. 

Yeah! Found ya.

I took out my simple blue kurti and wore it. After a other half minute of searching for my dupatta, I finally found it on one of the chairs kept in the room.

Why am I so messy?

Since there was time for uhmm- ma to wake up, I went out to buy some sweets to offer at the temple. But would the shops be open at this time?Dumb me things.

I was walking by the market side when a sweet stall, open? Huh?

I went towards it. As soon as the shopkeeper saw me, he wished me a good morning sweetly. I wished him back.

"Half gram pedhe de dijiye. "  I asked and he nodded. After buying the sweets I headed back to the hotel.

I again went to my room and saw Adi sitting on my bed, inside the duvet.

Stupid it's not even cold here!

"Hii. " I said or more like chirped.

"Hello sweety. " He said and almost immediately my cheeks turned pink.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as I kept the box on the side table.

"What's that?" He asked coming out.

"Mithai. Devi ko chadhana hai. " I replied.

"Oooohh! " He 'ohed' pulling me on his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"Ma kaha hai?" I asked him. 

"Saree pehen rahi hai." He said and kept his head on my chest, closing his eyes.

"Kya yar! Thodi to excitement dikhaooo!! Aaj meri mehendi hai!" I said and he just nodded, snuggling more into me.

I hmped and pushed him back getting up. Why is this guy so lazy? Pata nahi kisse shaadi kar rahi hu.

Just then the door opened revealing Ma in a beautiful green saree. I smiled at her and wished her a good morning. She wished me back.

"Oye. Jaa Rahi hu mai. Please thoda room sahi kar dena.. pleaaasseeee." I requested making puppy eyes.

After that I and Ma both left for the temple with the sweets I bought. As we reached, my eyes fell on the RadhaKrishna murti. Their one glimpse gives me so much peace that is un-explainable. We took of our shoes and entered.

I touched the priest's feet and he kept his palm on my head.

"Pandit ji, ye meri hone wali bahu hai. Ek chhoti si puja karni hai, taaki dono ki shadi me koi bhi badha na aye. " She said and the priest smiled looking at me.

We sat on the small square mats. The priest started chanting some mantras while I lifted my dupatta over my head and closed my eyes after joining my hand.

Then after a few minutes he handed us some flowers which we put it on the feet of the idol after a few minutes.

After the puja ended, he gave both of us two boxes which contained sweets.

We walked back to the hotel we noticed the place for the mehendi function already set. The place where I would sit was blue in colour.