Haldi and Shagun

Couldn't write a long chapter. Sorry. 🥺

Aditya~

I woke up at around 8:30 am. I felt something fluffy on my leg and found Chicko loking at me with her tongue hanging out. I spread my arms and she immediately jumped in.

After sometime, mummy came and took her from me making me pout.

" Ready ho le, mandap me bhi jaana hai.. " She said reminding me of yellow day. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Haldi! 

I quickly left the bed tho' it was calling me to sleep again. After freshing up I wore a off white dhoti type pant and wrapped a long cloth of the same colour over my shoulders.

*After fifteen minutes*

UGHHH! WHY DO I HAVE CURLY HAIR?! They are so difficult to tame!

"Addii! Jaldi aa bahar! Sab almost aagaye hai.." I heard Mumma say.

"Aaraha hu!" I said finally setting my hair with my wavy hair band.

I opened the door and found mumm standing with a bowl full of turmeric paste.

"Chal

"Chal. " She said and I followed behind.

Today's decoration was at the garden which was hugeeee! I mean literally huge.

It was decorated with pink and ochre yellow cloth strips with a yellow cloth in the middle dividing the ground into to parts.

(Imagine a pic pls. I couldn't find an appropriate one )

I gasped at the view. It was amazing! I with my mom went to the place where I would sit.

"Baithu?" I asked only to recieve a glare from her. She doesn't look in a good mood today.

"Mumma aap thik ho na?" I asked keeping my hand on her shoulder.

"Haa thik hu. Bas. Yahi dekh rahi hu ki mera beta kitna bada ho gaya hai." She said wiping off the tears from the edge of her eyes.

"Ohho mumma! Itni si baat. Thik hai lo." I said and sat on my knees to which she shrieked and pulled me back on my feet.

"Dimag kharab hai tera? Chal baith yaha pe." She said chuckling. I sat and glanced at me side only to see the yellow cloth. I sighed and turned my face to the front. 

Aradhana~ 

I sat hugging my knees staring allover as the place started to fill up with the people from my side. Soon after everyone had gathered, mumma came to me and kissed my forehead first. She then dipped her three fingers in the bowl and then put it over my cheeks, outer palms, foot and everywhere she could. Then came aunt-- Ma. She also did the same with me.

After a few minutes*

I was now almost covered with the yellow paste now. Some aunties were literally slapping my face saying that the paste was too watery.

Then came my girl gang, which included Ruchi, Shivani, Monika and all the girls I knew at the hotel.

They came and started applying the haldi on me. Finally after they were done the ladies took the bowl to the groom's side.

After another few minutes *

I  was taken to a room from my seat to bath, ma came and just wiped off the haldi from my face and the places where it was applied. But I was still looking yellow.

😗😗

I was then taken back to the place and sat there. Then mumma and Ma came to me and blessed me by turn. Mumma handed me my wedding lehenga, while ma kept the plate of necklaces, rani haar and the earings on my lap.

Then all my relatives handed me the kaleeras, red banarasi silk saree, the 'suhag ka joda' (chuda) and all the items ment for me.

Then they all kept it away at a distance.

"Pair utha ke alti palti laga ke baith." Ma said.

I did so. Then she asked me close my eyes. I closed them. Then I felt moving and then *THUD*. I collided with something.

I opened my eyes and found my and Adi's seat joined together. We looked at each other and before we could speak anything, a cold overflowing sensation overpowered both of us.

Yes, these girls had poured a whole bucket of turmeric water on both of us, drenching us completely.

Everyone, like literally everyone burst out laughing. I tried to decipher what happened. I looked at him and he found him looking at his sister like an angry puppy.

I tried suppressing my laugh, but that did no help. I started laughing while Ruchi was already rolling on the ground.

We laughed for some minutes non stop and it caused my stomach muscles to pain. I eventually stopped laughing after every one did.

We were then taken inside the hotel to change but we were almost dry by now.

After taking a proper bath, I came out and looked into the mirror. I still looked a bit yellow. Shrugging off I laid on the bed when Ruchi came in.

"Bhabi--"

"Shaadi hone se pehele no bhabi. Only di ya to Aru. " I said with a pout.

"Nah. Bhabi. And that's the final decision."

Jaisa bhai, waisi behen.

" Aaj shaam ko konsa wala pehenogi aap?" She asked with beaming eyes.

"Wo blue wala." I said and she jumped in excitement.

"Hum teeno twining kare?" She asked with a puppy look which I couldn't deny.

We talked on random things for a while untill we both were called for lunch.

To be continued.....

--Author ✨✨