Blessings to unborn

Aditya~ 

Today was her baby shower or you can say godbharai.... She was right now sitting in-front of the almirah while I was busy tie-ing her hair in a half braid and half untied hairstyle, kind of a messy braid, cuz it pains her when her hair tied tight. (refer to the hairstyle above) 

I placed a flower tiara on the top. It complemented her floral dress. She looked at her reflection and clapped with the tip of her hands like a kid. I chuckled as she blew me a kiss through the mirror. She stood up and adjusted her dress. She walked towards and sat on the bed suddenly embracing her baby bump. 

"Owch! Baby kicked!" She said and I kneeled down and placed my ear. I heard a thud sound, hard enough to be felt. I looked up at her to see her eyes closed, or scrunched up. 

"You okay?" I asked as she nodded and opened her eyes which had a some tears. it pains pretty good uk. I can say it just by looking at her expressions. 

"Give me the juice pls. Chhotu is hungry" She said rubbing her belly. 

I chuckled and poured some chocolate milkshake, because her juice meant chocolate milkshake. I handed her the glass as she gulped down some. Just as she finished were called down for the ceremony. I held her hand and went down slowwww, real slow.. I don't want to lose this angel at least. 

I made her sit on the decorated swing chair. the cushions on it had floral covers. And already it was a breezy day. It was as if the nature was also enjoying that her womb held a life, beautiful like her. I kissed her forehead and stood there holding her hand. 

The people present there filled her lap with hundreds of gifts, made her ea sweets. She for while was getting annoyed on not seeing any spicy snacks, but her mood lit up when the smell of fresh snacks reached the hall. 

Aradhana~ 

We were now having snacks, I had taken a bit much otherwise the little one inside would start kicking me. Adi had been sitting in front of me on a low stool, holding my hands while a soft music was being in the background. I was enjoying the soft environment, when some heart piercing talks reached my ears. 

"Dekhna, gira degi bachhe ko ye.. Maa banne ke layak nahi hai." One of our relatives said as I tried to listen further. 

"Pata hai, agar bachhe ka janm hota bhi hai to wo nahi sambhalegi, bachhe ke baap ko hi sambhalna padega." 

"Ab bhi to uska pati hi sab kuchh karta hai, sara din baithi rehti hai aur khati hai, iske alawa aur karti hi kya hai ye?" Another said. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and immediately diverted my attention and looked towards my hands. 

Just then Adi stood up and left making an excuse of going to the washroom. But I knew he too heard them speak venom. No matter how happy I feel, there is always someone to criticize me of my qualities. It sometimes makes me feel useless. I wrapped my arms around my bump, wishing that I would be able to give this child a good future. 

Suddenly I felt a soft palm cupping my cheeks, or most probably my fallen tears. I looked up to find him looking at me with a assuring look. 

"Do you think, I will be able to be a good mother?" I asked in a shaky voice. 

"Don't take their words seriously jaan, be yourself, and you WILL be a good mom if you be yourself. Hmm?" He said as I wrapped my arms around him, him embracing me back. 

Then everyone stood by my chair, for a photoshoot. At last the celebrations reached the last phase with everyone dancing around me. As everyone started leaving for lunch, Maasi came to me with a plate in her hands. I widened my eyes seeing the contents on the plate. It had a diya, vermillion and some sweets. I was surprised at her gesture. 

She did my aarti, then applied tika on my forehead and then fed me some sweets. 

" Aaj wo kuchh log tere baare me bura bhala keh rahe the, to mujhe achha nahi laga, mujhe laga maine bhi wahi sab kaha tujhe jo wo log keh rahe the.. isiliye aaj maafi mangne aayi hu." She said taking my hands in her hands. 

(Today I heard some ladies speaking ill about you, I felt bad and realised that I had said those same piercing words to you. So I came to seek forgiveness.) 

"Karogi maaf? " She said looking at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded as a smile broke out on my lips. She embraced me immediately. She then bent down and placed a kiss on my belly. 

I sighed as I stood up to go towards the dinning hall. Just then he came and held me. We went there together and sat on the seats that were reserved for us. 

The menu was surely mouth watering. It had kadhai paneer, malai kofta, raita, mango chutney, and dahi. 

After lunch the guests left except for our friends. Ashi came and sat beside me keenly observing my belly, making me chuckle. 

"Maasi, baby kab aayega?" She asked with an innocent look. 

"Ummm.. aur do months me maybe." I said as she hopped down the chair and went to sit with Moni. 

We talked for a little more time and then they left, we both walked back to our room and I changed. He just went to become a little naughty, but the period for intimacy has been crossed, so no chance 😎. 

I wore some baggy clothes as I kept my head on his lap, him reading me a novel. I didn't know when sleep came over to me and I fell asleep on his lap. 

************

I was now sitting on the couch in the dining room, it was 8 pm now. I need to have my dinner in another half an hour. I had some water while watching tom and jerry, classic cartoon. 

Just then Ruchi came and sat by my side huffing. 

"Bhabi mat dekho tom and jerry! Phir ek jerry paida ho jayega! " She said pouting. 

(Sis don't watch T&J please! otherwise instead of a baby, a jerry mouse will be born!)

"Lekin mujhe achha lagta hai ye dekhe." I said giggling as she slapped her forehead. 

Then sometime later I had my dinner and continued watching till I felt sleepy and was about to fall asleep. But this guy, won't let me sleep peacefully. He helped me till the bed, and I instantly fell asleep in a few minutes. 

Mumma's waiting to see you baby! 

(✿◡‿◡)

Next is the epilogue! 

Hope you enjoyed this part! 

Bye-- 

--Author✨✨