Chapter 42 | Never Again

* This chapter contains sexual content so if you're underage or uncomfortable with sexual acts, this is your warning, the book is also rated mature and has a warning in the prologue*

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

My hands wrap around the warm steaming cup of coffee as my gaze lingers on the state of New England as morning arrives. A blanket is draped across my shoulders, keeping the chilly morning weather from getting to me. Although, the blanket can only do so much. A sigh leaves my lips as my finger rounds the rim of the mug, my thoughts a jumbled mess. Risking a glance inside, Noah's bare back is on display on the bed, as he sleeps soundly. We slept apart from each other all night, a strange occurrence since ever since we've been together we've always slept in one another's arms.

My plan to fly out and surprise him was put a damper on as soon as that girl kissed him. There is no anger towards Noah, he didn't do anything wrong. He pushed her away. However, things have been tense between us since he left. Getting the hang of the time difference and trying to make our phone calls work in between both of our schedules is hard.

"Morning," Noah's rough voice penetrates through my thoughts. Turning my head, I see him leaning against the balcony door with his arms crossed together. His muscles flexing as he does.

"Morning," I softly smile before turning my attention back to the city in front of me. Hearing the chair next to me scrape a little, Noah sits down beside me. "How did you sleep?"

"Awful," Noah admits, not sugar-coating anything, and I nod my head in agreement. "I haven't been sightseeing since I arrived. I wanted to wait for you, in fact, I had a whole day planned. But I understand if you don't want to."

My heart melts at his confession. "Where to first?"

His eyes twinkle with happiness as a smile spreads onto his face. "I was thinking I could show you the stadium quickly and then go see some of the famous landmarks."

I nod my head, and he holds out his hand to me as he helps me up and we walk back inside to get ready for the day. We both get ready, and while I finish getting ready, Noah prepares a quick breakfast in the small kitchenette in the hotel suite. We sit together and eat with small conversation before we head out for a day of sightseeing. Soon enough we're on our way to the stadium and as soon as we're out of the cab, Noah rounds my side and hesitantly takes my hand in his. I lace my fingers through his as he leads me onto the field.

"Oh, I bet you love playing on this," I chuckle, spinning around in the center of the field as he watches me.

"Dylan texts me every day to complain he's not here," Noah chuckles and I laugh.

"Such a big child," I roll my eyes as I walk further onto the field. "How is it? Playing with them?"

"Amazing, training is more brutal than college level though."

"And I bet you're still amazing," I smile, tucking some hair behind my ear. "It's so cool they invited you out."

"Yeah, I don't think it's normal protocol but hey I won't question it," He shrugs.

"I'm proud of you, you know. For everything you've accomplished, and everything you will accomplish," I admit, and he walks closer to me, stroking my cheek.

"That means a lot. I'm glad you're here to see me accomplish these things," Noah smiles. "Ready to do some proper sightseeing?"

The rest of the day is then spent walking hand in hand through the city, visiting the monumental sites or some lesser known sites Noah has researched about. We ate at cute little cafes and a hole in the wall place for dinner that was recommended to him. All in all, the day is perfect.