Chapter 5 | The Football Game

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"Let's go, Trojans! Let's go!"

The cheerleaders chant, cheering and performing down on the sidelines of the football stadium. Facing the crowd in the bleachers, where each seat is full to the brim with football fanatics and adoring fans, they perform their routine. Throwing girls up into the air and energizing the stadium. The point? To get the crowd ready for when the players come out. Not like they need any more spirit in them as they wave their homemade signs around with paint on their faces or somewhere on their bodies. Shaking my head at the enthusiasm of the fans, I make my way up the bleachers, heading back to my friends.

"I swear to god if the girl behind me screams in my ear one more time I will punch her in the face," Sierra huffs as I sit back down next to her. Offering her some nachos I had gone to buy. Although watching football isn't my favorite thing in the world, they serve amazing food.

"I understand this friendship. You all have violent tendencies," Sebastian realizes as he reaches over to pinch some of our nachos until I slap his hand away. "Some more violent than others."

"How much longer before this game starts? These lights are going to blind me," Sierra mutters, referring to the flood lights beaming down on the field, illuminating both that and the bleachers.

"Shouldn't be much longer. They usually get the crowd riled up before the players come out," Liv explains.

"How do you come to every game? And not get bored or confused," Hannah asks, bewildered.

"Nick played in high school as well and believe it or not, I was a cheerleader back then too, so I'm used to being at the games."

Sierra chokes on her nachos, before looking at Liv "You were a cheerleader?"

"I didn't know this, but then again Nick has said before how overboard you can go with cheering at the games," I smirk, and she smiles sheepishly.

"Oh god don't even. There was this one time where I guess the girlfriend to a player on the team. They were playing against was saying things about Nick because Nick was either tackling the guy or doing a hell of a good job to make sure the ball didn't get to the end zone. Let's just say I had a friendly chat with her," Liv bites her lip as we all chuckle.

"I knew there was a sassy girl in there somewhere," Hannah nods proudly. "There's hope for you yet."

"Games starting," Sebastian nods to the field where both coaches walk into the middle of the field with a commentator.

"Please welcome to the field, the away team UCLA Bruins!" As the commentator announces them, the team runs onto the field as both sides cheer. Although our side is more polite cheer than we want you to win cheer. "And the home team USC Trojans!" Our side goes crazy as soon as they're announced, making Sierra jump and cover her ears as I laugh, throwing my head back. We all clap as they run out.

After both teams run onto the field, they head towards the benches and I see Nick look up to the stands to wave to Liv. I nudge her side and smirk as she rolls her eyes, but the blush is prominent on her face. Down on the field, a little in front of us since we sit quite close, I see Dylan roll his eyes before fluttering his eyelids and jumping on Nick. We all laugh, watching as Nick pushes Dylan off him and I see Noah look up, his eyes locking with mine. Liv nudges me back, making me roll my eyes at her insinuation.

Once coach shouts to Dylan to knock it off, scaring the crap out of him if how far he jumps and hides behind the guys in any indication. The players' head to the field, getting into position, everyone eagerly awaiting the start. As soon as Noah calls it, the game begins, and the field erupts into chaos. I have never seen the team play before besides in practice, but I know how good they are. They may joke around in practice, but the seriousness that covers all their faces, including Dylan's is clear in the way they play. All throughout the game we stay in front of the Bruins who are close to catching up a few times.