Chapter 13 | Taking The Risk...Or Not

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"Wake up, wake up."

Movement of the bed and shouting wakes me up from my sleep induced state, groaning I roll over and see Sierra jumping on the bed. All wide awake and looking eager for something, as she jumps up and down as Hannah and I complain.

"Sierra, get your fat ass off me," Hannah reaches out to shove Sierra's legs to get her away, and she falls onto the bed. Liv rolls her eyes before sitting down on the bed with us, taking a less violent approach than Sierra.

"No, Little Miss Ava here never talked to us about her kiss with Noah last night," Sierra teases and Hannah shoots up off the bed shaking me. I push her arms away before pulling a pillow over my face.

"This I want to hear, was he a good kisser? He's practically a mystery to everyone so we have no idea. I mean you both looked pretty into it and it lasted a while," Hannah questions and I sigh knowing I won't get out of answering.

"You two won't shut up and leave until I say something, are you?" I ask, moving the pillow away from my face and they all shake their heads. I sigh, sitting up. "I don't know what you want me to say you were there."

"Yeah, but how was it? I mean you don't kiss a guy like that unless you're into him. We had to remind you both where you were," Liv chuckles, and I blush remembering the kiss.

There is a moment that happens in life, where time slows down or stops and everything and everyone around you seems to disappear. Where the most important thing in that moment is the two of you. Some people may never get that feeling, and that's a shame. But some people get it and hell some people get it more than once. I had that feeling when I was kissing Noah and I had never experienced that feeling before then. As soon as his lips touched mine, our friends disappeared around us. It was like the fire was the only thing lighting up the night. So, what did I do when the guy I was thinking about for the past couple days kissed me? Duh, I kissed him back.

After the shock had worn off, and his soft lips moved against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. Damn, was he a good kisser. There was no hurried motion in this kiss, it was slow, sensual and passionate. His lips slowly moved against mine as if he tried to remember every inch, like this would never happen again. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer until there was no room between us. He parted my lips with his tongue and deepened our kiss as he pushed against mine. He dominated the kiss. I pushed myself closer to him as one hand threaded through his hair and gripped onto it tightly. Kissing him felt right, like I was meant to be in his arms and kissing him.

Someone cleared their throat that reminded us where we were and the fact we were not alone. We pulled back from the kiss and Noah's brown eyes stared back at me, as a smile twitched at his lips.

"Earth to Ava!" Hannah snaps her fingers in front of my face, and I push her hand away from me. "Well, how was it?"

"Yes, he's a good kisser. Happy now?" I chuckle, shaking my head at the smirks they are throwing my way. "Things will be awkward between us now, I mean it got that way last night. We didn't look or speak to each other after that."

"They don't have to be. Why are things going to be awkward?" Liv questions.

"Because I enjoyed that kiss and I'm attracted to him. Which I didn't expect to happen, you know I don't date athletes."

"I knew it!" Liv tackles me in a hug, and I laugh before the other two join, piling on top of us.

"We've spent a good amount of time together, and it's hard to not be around him without getting feelings for him. I don't know if he likes me, I mean he doesn't date at all, he's so focused on getting into the NFL and I respect that."