Chapter 19 | Meet The Jacksons

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Standing in front of my bed, my case is lay open on my bed as it refuses to shut. Huffing, I cross my arms and bite my lip, trying to figure out how to close it. Even though Thanksgiving break is four days, I'm the type of girl that over packs and my small case isn't doing me any favors right now. I lent Hannah my big one before I even knew I was going somewhere for Thanksgiving. Now I'm struggling to get all my stuff in my case, and Hannah left this morning to return home. Checking the time on my phone, Noah is supposed to arrive soon. Thinking of my last option, I can to shut it. I run and jump on my case screaming as I fall off the bed landing on my back on the floor with a groan.

"Ava!"

Noah runs into the room wide eyed. He must have heard me scream. He sees me on the floor, looking confused, before his eyes flicker to the case on my bed.

"I'm ok," I mumble, before he holds his hands out, which I take for him to help me up and I brush off my jeans and black wrap bodysuit.

"What happened?"

"I tried running and jumping on my case. But I fell off and hurt my back instead. It won't shut," I pout, and he chuckles before walking over pressing down on the case before zipping it shut and my jaw drops. "WHAT! I spent thirty minutes trying to close that damn thing. You and your stupid muscles," I huff before grabbing my handbag as he laughs behind me taking my case as we leave my apartment locking it. "Have the guys left?"

"Yeah. Aiden left this morning since he has to travel further and Dylan left not too long ago," Noah explains, putting the case in the trunk of his car before we climb in the front. He turns on the engine before pulling out of my apartment building parking lot and soon enough we're on the road to his parents' house, which isn't too far away.

"So, how many family members will be there? I mean, you said you have a big family."

"Right now, it's my immediate family and grandparents. Everyone else is coming at different times tomorrow. There will be around thirty of us," Noah explains, and my jaw drops. Having grown up with three members and then two in my family, thirty was huge in my eyes. He chuckles, seeing my expression.

"You're sure everyone is ok with me coming? I feel bad intruding," I twiddle my thumbs and Noah places his free hand over mine, stopping me from fiddling.

"They're fine with it, Ava. My family is excited to meet you. They know you can't go home for Thanksgiving cause you're from New York and my parents would have dragged you if you refused to come," Noah explains and I laugh. "Have you spoken to your dad?"

"Yeah, I have. He says thank you, he's happy I won't be on campus alone. He was a little protective when I told him it is a guy and a quarterback I'm staying with."

He chuckles, shaking his head. "Sounds protective."

"More so when my mom passed away. Then everything with ex happened, so he doesn't trust any guy with me anymore."

"Understandable. You know I feel bad for my little sister Luna, as soon as she's old enough to date she's gonna have me, Liam, my dad and the twins interrogating guys," Noah chuckles and I laugh.

"You're awful."

Turning my head to look out of the window, I recognize the area as we get closer to Noah's house. He announces we're here and parks up his car next to the others. Turning off the engine he turns to face me seeing my nervous expression.

"Relax, they'll love you," He reassures me before I nod my head and we get out of the car. I grab my handbag, and Noah grabs my case and his duffle bag from the trunk of the car before we walk into the house. "We're here!" Noah shouts closing the door behind us and puts our stuff down, telling me to take off my shoes and jacket where there are hooks and a shoe rack in the entrance.