Chapter 8 | Let The Games Begin

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"I'm just saying, there is nothing wrong with my driving. That curb was in the wrong place."

Hannah's protests about her driving carry on as we walk up the stairs of the guys' apartment building. Carrying pizza boxes in our hands as we climb the stairs, having picked up the order on our way in, our eyes go to the door numbers trying to find the right one.

"And let me guess so were the two mailboxes you reversed into three months ago. The endless number of curbs you drive onto and we can't forget to mention the parked car you ran into once," Sierra reminds Hannah as we struggle to contain our laughter. Hannah is an awful driver. How she passed her driver's test is unknown to everyone who has ever been in a car with her.

So why do we still let her drive and get in the car with her? We have no idea ourselves.

"So, I'm not the best driver, but I get us there alive," Hannah argues before I knock on the guys' apartment door.

"Barely," Sierra mumbles, Hannah shoots a glare her way but before she can reply the door opens. Noah stands on the other side, his hand holding the door open with his other hand leaned on the frame.

"Hey, you guys made it. Welcome to Casa De Football Players," Noah jokes, opening the door wide enough for us to enter. As we walk inside, we see everyone else already here lounging around the living area. Seeing our entrance, Liv gets up to hug us all in greeting and I wave to the guys.

"Barely. Little tip never get into a car with Hannah. She hits parked cars, mailboxes and runs over curbs," Sierra warns the guys.

"Yet you still get in a car with me," Hannah retorts as we place the pizza boxes down on the kitchen counter. I won't be surprised if it's upside down by now.

"Damn you are a terrible driver, how did you pass?" Dylan asks, opening the pizza boxes and rubbing his hands together getting ready to eat.

"Simple. They didn't want her coming back and endangering them," I laugh, and Hannah slaps my arm. "Or hitting them apparently."

"And I thought Liv was an awful driver," Nick chimes in.

"I'm not a terrible driver. I don't enjoy driving. Whatever, give me some pizza," Liv defends, taking a slice of pizza from Nick's hands making us laugh.

"You three arrived on time, we just finished setting up," Aiden grabs plates as we take the pizza boxes to the living area where the first game is set up.

"I say we do teams. Girls v boys?" Hannah suggests, and we all nod in agreement. As we get comfy, Noah, Aiden and I end up on the bigger couch, with Hannah and Sierra sat on the floor. Nick and Liv on a smaller couch and Dylan in a chair.

"Great. That means Dylan is on our team. He sucks at monopoly," Aiden sighs, handing out the plates to everyone as we load them with pizza.

"Hey! So, I have a bit of bad luck with the game. I know when I'm not wanted, so I'll be on my own team. Screw you guys," Dylan crosses his arms.

"Why don't we make this interesting? Whichever two teams lose has to do whatever the winning team tells them to do?" I ask smirking and everyone agrees.

"Dibs being the dog," Dylan shouts, reaching for it, but before he can grab it Hannah does. "I called dibs."

Hannah smirks. "Too slow, I thought we were having alcohol?"

"You're already competitive, is adding alcohol a great idea?" Nick jokes, making us all laugh. Hannah shrugs before nodding her head and Noah goes to the kitchen, coming back with drinks.