Bonus Chapter #5 | Happy Draft Day, Baby*

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

There are some moments in life you need to share with others—or your other half.

Today is no different.

Her fingers are laced through mine, resting on my knee as it bounces up and down. Her thumb rubbing against my skin comfortingly and her other hand resting on my upper arm as she is pressed against my side.

Our families surround us, as we all wait for confirmation of what we already know. Sitting in the back of Union Station, the noise of the crowd from the main area filters into the back as we sit watching on the large screen along with other NFL Draft players and their families.

Bringing her hand up to my lips, I press a kiss to the back of her hand. I feel her gaze on me and she moves her free hand to my knee, resting it there and squeezing reassuringly.

"Okay, I can't sit in this silence anymore," Dylan announces, standing up from the seat and throwing his hands into the air. "You two may have stage fright. But I am going to strut out there, maybe twerk a little."

He shows us his twerk, and it lightens the mood as we all laugh and shake our heads.

"You do that on stage and the NFL will be sure to kick you out before you're even in," Aiden tells him.

Dylan shrugs. "I'd set a world record."

"Maybe you should so we can see them haul your ass off stage," I tell him and he flips me off as I laugh.

He sits back down next to Hannah, who is muttering about why she puts up with him, and I'm sure that is running through all our minds right now.

"How are you feeling?" Ava asks, as she leans into my side.

"Much better with you next to me in my future team's jersey," I tell her, my eyes flickering down to the oversized jersey she is wearing with knee-high boots.

She turns my head back to the screen. "Focus."

I chuckle and lean back, allowing myself to relax before I get to the teams pick. Going onto the field for seventeen games in front of large crowds is nothing compared to this. My eyes flicker over to Dylan and Aiden. While Dylan is mostly calm, but deflecting with humor, Aiden is straight faced, allowing himself to get into the moment needed.

"Are you girls worried?" I ask her and she raises her eyebrow. "We'll all be in different states. You girls back in LA and us guys at different places in the country."

"We'll have each other and I guess phone sex will have to do for a while, maybe make the most of the time we have together," Ava says, smirking.

"Phone sex will be torture," I groan, and she laughs.

"Hey! It's coming up. Boys behave, we don't need you to get banned from here also," mom says, breaking the twins up and I shake my head.

Our gazes are all focused on the large screen as the next announcer comes up to the podium, ready to read out the next pick.

"With the fourteenth pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select Noah Jackson."

The cameras are on me straight away as I stand up and receive congratulations from my friends and family. I pick Ava up and swing her around as she laughs into my ear before giving her a kiss and making my way down the tunnel. Picking up the hat that is ready for me on the table before the tunnel I end, I put it on.

Walking out, the crowd roars, the screens playing some clips of my games. I give a wave before heading over and thanking the announcer. He congratulates me before holding up my jersey and as we stand taking pictures with both of us holding I realize—