Chapter 32 | Who Would Have Thought?

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

One minute.

There is one minute left in the championship game. The game has been tough, which the guys expected in the first place. You don't get to the championship game to go down without a fight. Both teams are tied, and it's our team's turn to make a play. One more touchdown before the timer is up and we win. If they don't, the winner will be determined by field goals.

Who would have thought? At the start of the academic year, I had to force myself to come to the USC football games. Now I willingly come to watch them play. Even Sierra has changed her attitude on football and doesn't complain anymore when we come to the games. Nor do we have to drag her. Life of a football player's girlfriend. Even after the guys graduate, it may be that we'll be sitting in proper stadiums watching them play in the NFL. God, if Avalon Miller from five months ago could hear me now, she'd slap me.

"Let's go Trojans! Let's go!"

The cheerleaders chant as the players head back onto the field to get into their starting positions. Raising my eyebrow as a girl a few rows before us has turned to glare at my clothing choice, which is Noah's football jersey. He insisted I wear it for the Championship game now we are a couple, since it's tradition for the players to give them to their girlfriends. Everyone knows no one has worn it since he's started at USC. The jersey, while long on my height, is tied at the back and paired with black leggings and boot heels.

"Noah must love seeing you in his jersey," Liv smiles and I chuckle, blushing.

"Is it always that crazy?" Sarah asks and we nod our heads.

"Honey, you've been to football games before...including mine when we were back in college," Noah's dad says and Sarah rolls her eyes, waving him off.

"I know that! But that was forever ago, and they weren't that crazy," Sarah explains. "Have you girls been going to all the games?" Sarah asks.

"We try to. Liv comes to them all, Sierra and I try to now we're dating Noah and Aiden and Hannah mostly comes along any time we come," I explain before I look to Luna in which she is wearing a smaller version of Noah's jersey. "We're matching."

"Noah gave it to me," Luna smiles. "He said until he found the right girl I was the only one who could wear a jersey with his name and number on. And now we're matching."

"Noah got her it when he first got into USC, and got her a new one every year considering she grew a lot," Sarah says.

"That's so cute," Liv smiles. "You look very pretty in it," Liv tells Luna who giggles.

Noah calls the play, and the field descends into chaos, like always. Keeping my eyes on Noah, I see him struggling to find anyone who is open to throw to. He debates with himself, before running down the field, and I don't think anyone is screaming louder than us four girls. Dodging the opposing team who are doing everything to stop him from reaching the end zone, we jump up and down cheering louder as he gets closer to the end. All of a sudden the stands start chanting Noah's name and I see him run faster to make it to the end zone before someone tackles him.

We won!

Not like I ever doubted them for a second. The field erupts into chaos as the guys let it sink in the fact they won. The other side looks glum as they retreat back. Soon enough everyone from the stands makes their way down onto the field to join the celebration. Us girls and Noah's family, who came to watch, make our way down to the field to find the guys. I squeal when Noah runs towards me, picking me up and spinning me around.

"You did it quarterback," I smile before kissing him. Not caring if he's all sweaty from the game. "I'm so proud of you."

Noah beams. "You look great in my jersey."