Chapter 20 | Thanksgiving Day

𝐍 𝐎 𝐀 𝐇 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Thanksgiving Day is one of the most chaotic days of the year, other than Christmas and New Year in the Jackson household. Since a lot of the family, such as cousins are guys, and the majority of us play or played football we have big appetites so a lot more food needs to be made. As well as having to get extra tables out of storage and putting away valuables into another room. Since it doesn't take much for stuff to get broken when the entire family is around.

Should I have warned Ava how crazy today gets? Probably, but it's too late now.

My family immediately took a liking to Ava as soon as I introduced her yesterday. It's no surprise considering it's impossible to not like her. They were more than happy to let her stay over the holidays since she's so far away from home. That's the type of people they are. It surprised them when I asked them if she could say, as I have never brought a girl home for thanksgiving before. Including my ex, who never came over because my parents didn't like her. I should have listened to them.

"Morning mama," I kiss my mom's cheek as I walk into the kitchen seeing her, grandma and Emery already cooking and Liam trying to eat it, but Emery keeps pushing him away. "Gran," I kiss her cheek. "Ava not awake yet?"

"Oh, she is. She came down to say good morning and Luna wanted her to do her hair for her. She's upstairs with her, it's so cute," Mom explains.

"I think she's Luna's new favorite person," Liam states and I chuckle.

"Damn, she's stealing my favorite sibling off me."

Liam scoffs. "Harsh dude."

"Aww, you're very cute," Emery kisses him.

"Cute? I'm fucking handsome," Liam states in offense.

"Yes, you are. I made very handsome and cute kids," Mom smiles proudly, and we all laugh.

"Liam was not a cute kid. Have you seen his baby pictures? He was an ugly baby. Pray your future kids don't look like him," I tell Emery, who laughs.

"Why don't you shut up and go find your girlfriend?" Liam smirks as I roll my eyes.

"Not my girlfriend," I remind him, before heading upstairs. Reaching Luna's bedroom, seeing the door open, I lean against the frame seeing them sitting on the bed. Ava is behind Luna doing her hair while Luna rambles about random things and Ava listens intently, sometimes pitching in.

"Noah-Bear," Luna giggles when she sees me, opening her arms as I walk over. Ava raises her eyebrow at me for the nickname which I know she'll tease me about.

"Luna-Bell," I jump onto the bed and she giggles, turning I lean on my side, propping my head up with my hand. "Is Ava a good hairdresser?" I ask and she nods. "Is she your new favorite? I feel like I've been replaced," I fake sadness as Luna agrees. "I'm wounded, I'll never recover," Flopping onto my back, Luna climbs over me to hug me. "That's better, let Ava finish your hair off," Luna crawls back to sit in front of Ava as Ava continues to finish Luna's hair for her. "Sleep okay?"

"Yeah, I did thanks. Luna has been telling me stories about you?" Ava smirks as Luna giggles.

"What did you say?" I look down at Luna, who makes a closed zip motion.

"Oh, no, you don't. That's between Luna and me. I promised I wouldn't tell," Ava smiles over at me and I roll my eyes. "Ok and we're all done. Come on, let's go look in your mirror."

Ava helps Luna off the bed, and they walk to the mirror at Luna's small vanity desk. Luna's face beams at the ballerina bun Ava has done for her.

"I love it," Luna giggles touching the bun on her head, "I look like a ballerina," She twirls around. "Thank you Ava," Luna hugs Ava who hugs her back before Luna goes off to find mom.