Chapter 17 | Lying, Cheating Ex

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Sighing as I snuggle deeper into the warmth, I jump when an arm wraps tighter around me and I lift my head up, seeing Noah spooning me from behind.

What the hell happened last night?

The party. The dancing. Staying over and inviting him to sleep in the bed with me. Relaxing in his hold, I turn around in his arms to face him. My eyes trace over his sleeping face. From his defined cheekbones and jawline to the softer contours of his face. Lifting my hand to trace his jawline, a shudder runs through his face, making me chuckle.

Picking up his arm, I remove it without waking him and head to the bathroom. Freshening up, I then make my way downstairs and to the kitchen. The house is clean, that's odd. I shrug before looking in the fridge, I take out ingredients and make breakfast for everyone, knowing they'll be too hungover to do anything.

"My head is fucking killing me," Hannah stumbles down the last step, still in her outfit from last night but freshly faced. "Ooh breakfast," She reaches for the food and I slap her hand away. "Ow! Why deprive a hungover person of food?"

"Wait for everyone, knowing you this food will be gone before they come. Also, you look like hell."

"Gee thanks, a great friend you are," She jokes before eyeing the sweater. "Someone had a good night."

"Shut up, I borrowed his sweater to sleep in."

"To sleep in his big muscular arms," She teases, and I slap her arm.

"Shut up," I laugh, hitting her.

"Abuse this early in the morning? Wow, you're violent twenty-four seven, huh?"

A voice says and we turn our heads, seeing everyone else is there, watching us. I shrug. "Yep. Better remember that, I made breakfast for everyone."

As soon as I show them, everyone runs to the table, thanking me as they plate up and we head to the living area.

"You didn't have to make breakfast," Noah informs me, resting his hand on my knee.

"I don't mind. I knew everyone would be too hungover to cook. Plus, you let us all stay here last night so it's the least I can do," I explain, and he smiles at me. "Oh yeah, I meant to ask. How did you get the house cleaned?"

"Noah always hires a cleaning crew every year, it's easier. We don't have to do it and oh yeah, we keep our lives," Dylan says making us laugh.

"Your mom cannot be that scary," Liv chuckles, shaking her head, but all the guys' nod.

"When she needs to be, she is. But my grandma is worse," Noah admits.

"You feeling better, Liv? You pretty much passed out last night," Sierra questions.

"Never drinking again," She rubs her temples. "Why didn't you stop me?" She asks Nick, looking up at him.

"I tried, and you pulled your drink back and called me a party pooper," Nick admits, making us all laugh. We all devour our breakfasts before cleaning up the kitchen and gathering our things to head home. Sleep is something all these hungover people needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How was the cabin trip, sweetheart? Did you and the girls enjoy it?"

Dad's voice floats through the phone as I'm sat at the regular café on campus I come to, working on my journalism piece. We haven't talked since the trip since this article is taking up a lot of my time since I attend pretty much all games and practices.