Chapter 3

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

After the bell rang, Jessica showed us to our lockers. I had a hard time convincing Sydney that we really didn't need her help too. I made sure the guys asked for her help first so that I would be the last one with her. I just couldn't help myself. I just met her and I would still kill to be with her for just a minute. As we walked, I found myself staring at her. I started to notice small things about her. I noticed how small her eyes get when she smiles, and she bites the inside of her cheek when she's thinking.

"And this one is your locker," Jessica said, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Oh great. Thanks a lot, Jessica."

"It's really no problem. If you ever need help with anything you can just ask me. I'll be more than happy to help, and I'm sure Sydney would too."

"I'll be sure to remember that. So where is your locker at?" I asked, trying not to seem too eager.

"Mine is actually just across the hall. Just a little bit down."

"Hey, Chanyeol. Find everything okay?" Sydney asked walking up. She seriously cannot take a hint.

"Yeah, just fine. Jessica is a great guide," I said smiling to her.

"Hey, Jessica, can you come here for a second. I need to talk to you," I heard someone say.

"Yeah, I'll be right there, Youngjae. I'll see you later, Chanyeol. Like I said, if you need anything, Sydney would be glad to help."

I watched as she walked over to Youngjae and realized he was the boy from the gym. His friends all came over too. He was saying something to her, and he looked serious. Every few seconds when she wasn't watching he would give me a dirty look. I was trying to listen in on what was being said, but Sydney just kept talking.

"...and if you have Mr. Walker, all I can say is good luck," she finished.

"Alright, thanks for the help Sydney. I'll see you later," I said, trying to get away a quickly as possible.

"Engaged to her yet?" Luhan joked.

"Can I be the best man?" Chen added.

"No way! I'm going to be the best man, right, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun said with big eyes.

I didn't care that they were teasing me; all I cared about was getting to know Jessica.

Younjae's P.O.V.

"Don't like him, do you?" Jr. asked.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked, acting like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"You've been staring at them the whole time she's been showing them to their lockers," Mark said.

"It's okay, Jae. Everyone gets jealous sometimes. And we all know how picky Jessica is with boys. Nothing will come out of it, she's just being nice," J.B. said trying to comfort me.

"Yeah, I just hope you're right."

I wasn't so sure though. She has been laughing with him this whole time. I'm usually the only guy that can make her laugh like that.

"Hey, Jessica, can you come here for a second. I need to talk to you," I said without thinking.

"Yeah, I'll be right there, Youngjae."

"What do you need to talk to her about?" Yugyeom asked.

"Nothing really. I just don't like seeing her with him. I'll make something up," I sighed.

"What's up, Jae?" she said with a smile. It's so hard to focus when she does that.

"I just wanted to talk to you about those guys."

"What about them?"

"Just, keep in mind that they are new here. We aren't sure how much they can be trusted."

"What? You think they're some comic book villains or something?" she laughed.

"No, I'm just saying, don't forget about what Yuri said about your powers. If word gets out about how powerful you will be, people will be after you," I whispered so no one else could hear.

"Jae, I'm glad you are concerned about me; it really makes me feel safer, but I don't need you to be so worried. I don't feel like I'm in any danger, so I don't want you to be worried."

"Jess, I know you aren't worried, but I can't help but to be. I care about you a lot, and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something happened to you. It's my job to protect you," I said to her, meaning every word.

"It's all of our jobs to protect you, Jess. We just don't want you getting hurt," BamBam added.

"Guys, I know that Yuri said that it's your job to protect me because you're wolves, but I can handle myself. I am pretty powerful, remember?"

"You WILL be, but you aren't now. Yes, you are powerful, but you're still learning. Remember last week when you fainted after trying to make dinner just using your powers? You're still trying to learn to control your energy, and until you can do that, you can't live up to your full potential. You're vulnerable now, and if any one finds out, you could be in a lot of trouble," I said.

Jess is supposed to be one of the most powerful witches to ever live, but right now she isn't anywhere near that level. In the future she will be great, I have no doubts about it, but now she is weak and needs help. That's why I'm here. I won't let anything or anyone hurt her, especially not this Chanyeol guy.