Chapter 12

Youngjae's P.O.V.

"Hey guys, how's it going?" Jessica said walking up to the pool in Meg's backyard.

"Geez, it took you long enough!" I joked with her. I was so glad she was finally here. It's been a few days since I've gotten to spend any time with her; she's been spending all of her time with Chanyeol. Gag.

"Well I would have been here sooner if I didn't have to wait for the big group of idiots," she said laughing. I was confused at what she meant by that, until I saw the big group of idiots walk up being loud and obnoxious. Seriously? She had to bring Chanyeol and his friends?

"I didn't realize they were coming," I said, not even bothering to hide my unenthused expression.

"Youngjae, please don't be like this today. I'm not sure what your problem is with Chanyeol and his friends, but I would really like it if all of you could be friends. It's so difficult trying to balance you guys and Chanyeol; it would make my life so much easier if everyone was friends. Just please try, for me," she said pleading.

"I just don't feel right about him, Jess. I can't help it."

"It doesn't matter how you feel about him, you can still be nice. He's making an effort, why can't you?" she said, comparing the two of us. That just made me angry. I don't want to be compared to him by her, especially if he's the one in the positive light.

"Hey, babe, where should I put your stuff?" Chanyeol said, coming up and putting an arm around her.

"You can just put it by the table over there."

"Alright," he replied, leaving to put the things down, but not before giving her a kiss on the forehead. I didn't want to deal with them being lovey-dovey so I just turned and walked away.

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

When I walked back to Jessica, Youngjae wasn't there anymore, and I could tell that something was bothering her.

"Hey, baby, what's wrong? You seem a little off."

"Don't worry about it," she sighed, "Youngjae is just a little moody today. It's nothing."

"Do you want me to go talk to him?" I asked, wanting to do anything to make her feel better, even if it was to talk to Youngjae. It would be a good thing for me if they weren't so close, but not if it means seeing my girlfriend upset.

"No, whatever is going on with him, I'm sure he'll get over it. And if not, I can just talk to him about it later."

"Let's just get in the pool, then. Maybe messing around with everyone will take your mind off of it."

"Okay, sounds good, but maybe you should keep your shirt on; Sydney is here and it seems as though she's already trying to get an eyeful," she joked, trying to lighten her own mood.

"Ugh, I feel so exposed, like I'm just a piece of meat," I said, covering myself with my hands. Jessica started to laugh, which made me feel much happier. I hate when she is upset, especially when it's because of Youngjae. I already dislike the guy, and it just makes me angrier when he's the reason she's sad.

Youngjae's P.O.V.

I was sitting outside the pool by myself in one of the lawn chairs. I felt like I just needed some space from everyone. Jess and Chanyeol have been flirting and kissing all day. I don't think his hands have left her body for a single second since she changed into her swim suit.

"Having a rough day?" Mark asked.

"You have no idea."

"She's not doing it to hurt you, you know?"