Chapter 18

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"Come on man, get up. Please, we hate seeing you like this," Baekhyun pleaded with me. I didn't respond, only staring straight in front of me. I had been laying in my bed for a week, only getting up to use the bathroom.

"Chanyeol, you have been there ever since the fight with Jessica's pack. You need to get up and do something, anything. At least go out and hunt. Your eyes have had red in them for days; you won't be able to control yourself soon," Suho chimed in.

"I can't. Not until I see Jess; not until she at least speaks to me. I haven't talked to her in a week and it's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do without her," I said, my gaze still not wavering from the spot on the wall that has taken all of my attention the past week.

I needed Jess, more than they could ever understand. I went back to school the day after the fight to see if Jessica would be there. I don't know why I thought she would, it wasn't safe for her anymore. I just needed to be sure, on the off chance that she was. I need another shot with her, another conversation. But, of course, she wasn't there. Neither were Youngjae or the other wolves. 

At first I was angry when I realized she was probably with Youngjae at that moment, and probably still with him at this moment. But as I thought about it I realized that the reasons I thought I hated Youngjae were the reasons I should like him. It's true, I do still hate him; I still can't bring myself to like someone who was trying to take my love away from me. I hated his whole relationship with Jess, I hated her love for him, and I especially hated his love for her. But I couldn't hate the way he protected her. I couldn't hate the fact that she was safe with him. I couldn't hate that he'd give his life to save her's. He really is a good friend to her, whether I like it or not.

Suho's P.O.V.

"I hate seeing him this way," Xiumin said with a sad expression. We had all moved from Chanyeol's room to the living room to give him some space.

"We all do," Kai added.

"What can we do for him, though?" Sehun questioned.

"We help him find where Jessica is," I finally said. Everyone looked at me with confused expressions. "What?"

"You want to help him find Jessica?" Chen asked. "But I thought you hated their relationship. I thought you didn't want him to be with her."

"You're right. I did hate their relationship, but sometime before the fight with her pack, I realized just how happy she made Chanyeol. I realized that she was genuine and that she was all Chanyeol wanted. It took some time, but I now realize that Chanyeol's happiness is more important to me than Namjoon's. I became okay with them being together, even if she was the witch. Now that we know she is the witch, I'm still okay with it because he still loves her, and even though she won't speak to him right now, I believe she still loves him. Even though they are on different sides, I still believe they are meant for each other. I want Chanyeol to be happy, even if that means upsetting Namjoon. I am no longer on Namjoon's side, I am now 100% behind Chanyeol. It's where I should have been from the beginning of this situation. Whether Namjoon likes it or not, we are going to help Chanyeol and Jessica be together. We will do what we can to protect Jess and their relationship. Does everyone understand?"

"Yes!" they all said in unison with smiles on their faces. I looked over to Kris who had a proud look on his face as he nodded to me. I could tell I gained some respect in his eyes.