Chapter 8

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

"What color do you think she'll like better on me, the red shirt or the blue shirt?" I asked frantically searching through my closet.

"I think that the blue one would be better," Chen said.

"Wait! Green is her favorite color. Should I go with green instead?" I asked, still not being able to decide on what I wanted.

"Ugh! Chanyeol, I'm sure Jessica will think you look fine no matter what you wear," Luhan sighed.

I had been searching for the right thing to wear for nearly an hour, and I could tell the guys were getting tired of helping. I can't help it, though, I'm just so nervous. I really have a lot of feelings for Jessica and I just want this date to be perfect.

"What are you doing for your date anyways?" Baekhyun asked.

"First, I am taking her to this diner that I have heard her mention a few times, then I am taking her skating, and to end the night I have a picnic in the park planned with desserts."

"Wow, that sounds great, Chanyeol. I'm sure she'll love it," Xiumin said smiling.

"I sure hope so. I need this to go well. I really like Jessica a lot and I just want things to be perfect."

"We know you want them to be perfect. You've said it like a thousand times," Suho said, walking out of the room.

Suho's P.O.V.

"What's wrong with you?" Kris followed me out, clearly annoyed at my reaction. "Chanyeol's just excited to be going out with Jess. He's allowed to be excited."

"I know he's allowed to be excited, but that doesn't mean that I have to be excited for him."

"What's so bad about him finding a girl he likes? You and I have both known Chanyeol for centuries, and he has never been this excited over anything, let alone a date. Why can't you just be happy that he finally has found someone that he cares about? We all want to find someone special, and he has finally found his match. Is that why you're angry? Is it because you're jealous?"

"No, I'm not jealous," I said, trying to sound confident.

"Are you sure about that?" Kris asked unconvinced.

"Okay, maybe there is a little bit of jealousy there. Like you said, we all have been looking for someone, but that isn't why this relationship of his bothers me. We are supposed to be on a mission, and it seems like I'm the only one who can remember that. As soon as Chanyeol laid eyes on this girl, she's been the only thing on everyone's mind. She's all he can think about, everyone else always wants to ask him about how their relationship is, everyone is trying to push them together, it's like no one even cares that we have a job to do."

"We still care, Suho," D.O. said, walking into the room Kris and I were talking in. "We can be happy for Chanyeol and try to help him be happy at the same time we carry out this mission. Look at this notebook. I filled it with things that I have noticed about the students at the school. Anything that I've seen that seemed suspicious, I wrote down. I know that Kai and Sehun have notebooks just like this one. It's not that we all have forgotten what we are supposed to be doing, it's that we are doing our jobs while supporting our friend."

"Okay guys, I think this is the one," Chanyeol said, walking in with a smile. "What do you think, Suho?"

"I think it's great," I said, knowing it was what he needed to hear. I know D.O. is right, but no matter what I do, I just can't support this relationship. I keep trying to shake the feeling that there is something off about Jessica, but I just can't do it.

Jessica's P.O.V.

"No! Stop! Get away!" Chanyeol yelled, chasing away the dogs that had invaded our picnic. All I could do was sit and laugh.

"Why are you laughing? They took all of the desserts I made you. They ruined everything!" he said distraught.

It had been a rough day for Chanyeol, I could tell. He had planned a whole day of activities for us, and not one thing went the way he wanted. First, he took me to the diner in town that I love. Everything was going fine until the waiter spilled a tray of drinks on me. Chanyeol rushed over with napkins, and again, I couldn't help but laugh. It was clearly an accident and getting mad wouldn't help anything. Then, we went skating at the rink in town, and a kid ran into me, causing me to fall and hurt my ankle. We had to cut that short, and Chanyeol had to give me a piggy back ride anywhere we went after that. Now, the dogs took all of our snacks for the picnic before he could even get them all out of the basket.

"Chanyeol, they didn't ruin anything. I can tell how much work you put into the snacks, and the rest of the day, for that matter. I don't see this as a failed date. Actually, I think it may be the best date I've ever been on," I told him, meaning every word I said.

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

"So, I guess on our next date I just need to make sure everything gets screwed up again and you'll be happy?" As I heard him say this, I couldn't help the huge smile that spread across my face.

"I don't think I remember you asking me on another date," I said, trying to mess with him.

"Jessica Anderson, would you please accompany me, Park Chanyeol, on another date in the near future?" Chanyeol replied on one knee while holding my hand.

"Depends on the day. There's this other guy from town that I've been interested in, and he asked me out too,"

"Haha, very funny. Yes or no, Anderson?"

"Of course I will."

Youngjae's P.O.V.

Seriously? Another date? After everything I did to ruin this one, and she's going to go out with him again. First, I had to pay off the waiter to spill drinks on Jess. Well, I actually paid him to spill them on Chanyeol, but the dumb ass couldn't even get that right. Then, I paid off those kids skating to mess with Chanyeol, and of course, they messed up too and Jess got hurt. And do you know how hard it was to get those dogs to steal their food? After all I've done, and she wants to see him again. I'm seriously running out of options.