Chapter 17

Jessica's P.O.V.

When I woke up I was on the ground, leaning on something soft. I looked down to see hands wrapped around my frame. 

*Youngjae, thank God you're okay* I thought to myself. When I turned around to look at him, I saw Chanyeol's face instead.

"You're finally awake," he said, smiling down at me. My face instantly dropped.

"Let me go, Chanyeol," I said, trying to get out of his grasp.

"Not until you listen to me, Jess," he replied, desperate for me to listen.

"What more is there to say, Chanyeol?" I asked, emotionally exhausted.

"I just want you to think about all of the time we have spent together before today," I said as he turned me so that we were facing each other. He continued to keep a hold on me the entire time. "Think about the person you saw me as before today. Are you thinking of it?" I just nodded in response, tears starting to form in my eyes at the memories that we have shared together.

"That person had no idea that you were the witch that we were sent to look for. That person had absolutely no intentions of hurting you. That person loved you more than anything and would give his life for you. You were the light that could light up the darkness within that person. To that person, you were everything. Nothing has changed, Jess. I'm still that person. The only difference is that now, I know you're the witch, but I still have no intentions to do anything about that. I love you. I want you to be safe. I want you to be happy, and I will hurt anyone who puts you in danger. I will hurt anyone who takes away you're happiness. Please, Jess, you have to believe me. Keep thinking of who you thought I was. Would that person ever want to hurt you? Would that person ever put you in danger?"

Again, I couldn't speak. All I could do was shake my head 'no' only this time, tears were streaming down my face.

"I told you I haven't changed, so this Chanyeol would never do any of that either."

He sat there, waiting for a response. Anything: a look, a reply, a gesture. He got nothing. I just sat there staring at him. Studying his face. Observing his actions. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know how to react. My mind was telling me one thing, and my heart was telling me another.

"I need to go," I finally responded.

"No, Jess, please," he begged, shaking his head. Now it was his turn to tear up.

"I can't think, Chanyeol. My head is clouded. I can't take anymore of this today. I need time. I don't know what is true and what isn't. I don't know what to believe. I just want to wake up and realize this was all a dream and that you were still just the regular new kid at my school. I want Namjoon to be a figment of my imagination. I want to still be safe. I want Key to still be the asshole on my side rather than the asshole that betrayed me. I just don't know what to do right now."

"Then let me help you. Don't just shut me out. Please, don't shut me out. I don't think I can take that. I need to see you. I need to kiss you. I need to hold your hand and hug you. I need to sleep next you to and hold you until the morning. I need to see your smile when you tell me you love me. I need you, Jess," Chanyeol pleaded, tears now falling uncontrollably.

"Like I said, Chanyeol, I don't know what to believe, what to think. I need time and space. We can't be together anymore, at least not now," I said standing up, finally breaking from his grasp.

"Please don't leave me."

I had to walk away. If I continued to look at his heartbroken expression, I don't think I would have been able to leave. I couldn't look at the face of the guy who made me completely fall for him in such a short amount of time, knowing that it all has fallen apart so quickly.