Chapter 24

Youngjae's P.O.V.

"There's no way they found us. We've been covering our tracks the entire time, and we would have seen them if they were following us. I just don't get how they could have found her. It has to be something else," JB said calmly.

"He's right," Junior added. "Maybe you were in such a rush to get to Yuri so that you could get back here that you just thought it was armed."

"No, that's not it. I mean, yeah, I was in a rush, but I wouldn't short cut on that. Not when it would put Jessica's safety at risk," I replied.

"Maybe the wiring is messed up," JB responded.

"Whether it is something simple like that or not, I don't feel comfortable keeping Jess here," I said, not feeling too sure.

"So we keep her at the pack house?" BamBam asked.

"At least for now. I really want to get her far away from here, but until I can do that the pack house will have to do."

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

My head is still spinning. I can't believe we found her. After all this time searching, I was finally able to see my love again. Don't get me wrong, I'm still hurting after the conversation with her, but I'm not giving up. The problem now is how to see her again. If she tells Youngjae about me being there, he'll never leave her alone again.

"What are you thinking?" Chen asked.

"Huh? What?" I replied.

"You've been pretty quiet since we got back. What are you thinking?" He asked again.

"I'm thinking about my next steps. I'm trying to figure out where to go from here."

"It's a tough situation you're in, Chanyeol. I just want to make sure you know that you aren't alone," Lay said reassuringly.

"I know, and I really appreciate it. I couldn't have even found her if it weren't for you guys."

Just then we heard a ringing sound.

"That's my phone," Suho said. "Wait, it's Namjoon." My heart stopped at the name. Because of him, I'm barely able to keep any form of my relationship with Jess. Because of him, I may end up losing the person I love forever. Whatever he wants, I want nothing to do with. 

"Hold on, I'll be right back." With that, Suho ran out of the room.

"What do you think he wants?" I asked bitterly.

"Hopefully nothing," Baekhyun replied. "I don't want anything to do with the guy. Not after I've seen the way he's treated you through this."

"I agree. He's thrown you under the bus to get to Jess. I don't like that," Xiumin said.

"Maybe he's telling him that we aren't the right fit and he doesn't want to work with us anymore," D.O. said.

"Wishful thinking," Sehun muttered quietly.

Suho then walked back into the room with a pale face. My stomach dropped.

"What? What's wrong?" I asked frantically.

"You don't think Youngjae would take Jess to a pack house, do you?" He said slowly.

"Why?"

"He said that those new guys, the ones from Jess's pack, told him about a pack house. You don't think he'd take her there, right?"

"No, I don't think so. I mean, at least not tonight. She's at the house in the woods. Why would he take her away?"