2. Home sweet home

Maddie was so happy to see her older sister now after not seeing her for so long, being back in her arms again was where she felt safe, she felt secure that everything would be okay as long as she had her big sister Maya.

"I have nowhere to go now dad has kicked me out," Maddie said once Maya had managed to calm the teenager down from her hysterical meltdown she had. Maya cupped her sisters face in her hands.

"Hey, don't be silly, of course you have somewhere to go. You're coming to live with me," Maya told her little sister with a soft smile.

"I can't ask you to do that," Maddie furrowed her brow. Maddie didn't want her sister to take pity on her.

"Well I'm not letting you go back to that asshole and you can't live on the streets, so you're coming to live with me. It's not up for discussion either," Maya said firmly in a tone that Maddie wasn't about to argue with.

"Okay," Maddie quietly agreed.

"Good, I need the company as well since my friend Andy moved out, it has been so quiet. I can't wait for you to meet my girlfriend Carina as well, she will love you." Maya said with a grin on her face when she spoke about her girlfriend, "Okay right I need to go take a quick shower since I currently smell like a bonfire. Do you want to wait in here still or in my office?"

"Office," Maddie said, hopping off her sisters knee as Maya held out her hand for her to take and the two sisters walked downstairs into the office.

"Just sit down here and I won't be too long hopefully," Maya said.

Maddie relaxed into Maya's chair in her office while she went and took a shower, she was fiddling with her phone when the door of the office opened and a female firefighter, Vic Hughes, walked in.

"Hey, uh sorry I'm just looking for Maya, is she around?" she asked.

"Yeah she is just taking a shower," Maddie told her awkwardly. Vic nodded, "Oh. I'm Maddie, Maya's little sister."

"Oh you're Maddie! I'm Vic, hi! I work with your sister. She talks about you a lot so it's nice to finally meet you!" Vic said kindly.

"My sister talks about me?" Maddie asked surprised. Maddie thought that since she hadn't seen her older sister in several years, she thought Maya was bound to not even think about her, so it was a shock that she found out that her older sister talks about her so fondly.

"Of course, we've all been so excited to meet you eventually," Vic said. Maddie continued to look shocked as Maya walked out in her Station 19 crew t-shirt and black pants, a towel draped around her neck as she dried her hair.

"Hey Hughes. I see that you've met Maddie," Maya greeted the firefighter.

"Yeah we was just talking, I told her that you talk about her a lot and we was all excited to finally meet Mini Bishop," Vic said. Maya nodded in agreement.

"Is that my new nickname?" Maddie asked giggling.

"It suits you," Vic answered shrugging her shoulders loosely.

"Everything alright, Hughes?" Maya asked, throwing her towel aside.

"Yeah uh actually I have forgotten what I was going to say now. I'm sure that it will come back to me," Vic chuckled. "Nice to meet you again, Mini Bishop."

Vic walked out and that just left the two Bishop sisters in Maya's office.

"Are you sure that you don't mind me moving in with you?" Maddie asked.

"Of course not at all," Maya insisted. "I am supposed to finish this paperwork before I leave, but I suppose that I can just do it at home. Come on let's get you home," Maya said as she helped carry her little sisters bags out to her car as Maddie was glad to avoid the rest of the firefighters, she was pretty nervous to meet the team.