35. Unforgivable Actions

"Why aren't you dressed yet? We need to leave shortly!" Maya said as she appeared in the doorway of her teenage daughter's bedroom.

"What are you talking about?" Maddie asked confused from where she was still lay in bed, her arm propped up on a pillow as she stared down at her phone.

"We talked about this last night Mads. You're coming to the station with me today," Maya told her firmly.

"Why can't I just stay at home? You let me do that last night," Maddie asked confused.

"That was only for a few hours. I would feel more comfortable if you were somewhere that I could keep an eye on you," Maya explained.

"It's not like I can do much even if I wanted to," Maddie mumbled as she continued to lie in bed.

"Look, I know that you don't want to come but I am not going to argue with you over this. I still need to finish getting ready myself and I can really do without the hassle this morning," Maya said wanting to avoid an argument this early in the morning.

"Yeah, I'll get up in a minute," Maddie said as she remained in bed. Maya was growing impatient and took hold of the duvet and ripped it off, although she would never be so cruel as to throw ice-cold water on her teenage daughter.

"Mom! What the hell?" Maddie shouted annoyed.

"Up, Madison!" Maya said sternly.

"Why would you do that?" Maddie grumbled as she sat up in bed and brought her knees up to her chest. "I said that I would get up in a minute!" She said.

"First, lose the attitude and second, I have already asked you to get up and you ignored me. I've told you that I can't be late today," Maya said as she rested her hands on her hips. "I am going to finish getting ready. I expect you to actually be out of bed and ready by the time I'm back otherwise I won't be happy," Maya said firmly.

"What was all of that shouting about?" Carina asked confused as Maya walked back into the bedroom.

"Oh, Maddie refused to get out of bed and she isn't happy that she has to come to the station with me," Maya briefly explained as she grabbed some clothes out to change into instead of her usual running attire. "Do you think it's a good idea for her to come to the station with me today?" She asked.

"Well, I think you've made the right decision, the one that makes the most sense. I can't exactly take her to the hospital, however, it wouldn't be good to leave her on her own," Carina stated.

"That's what I thought but she isn't exactly thrilled about it though," Maya chuckled. "I know we left her yesterday but that was for a few hours and she still had Sarah with her," She added.

"Esattamente. It's for the best that she goes with you," Carina agreed.

"So, are we going to ride together today?" Maya asked as she quickly changed her outfit.

"Si. I just need to try and figure out what to wear," Carina said with a sigh.

"Oh. You're telling Bailey today?" Maya questioned.

"I am and I'm incredibly nervous to tell her in case she yells," Carina confessed.

"Don't be nervous. I don't think she will yell at you and if anything she will be understanding about it all," Maya emphasized with her girlfriend. "Alright, I'm going to check on Maddie and make sure that she is actually up now,"

"If I hear yelling then I know why," Carina said with a smirk. "Buona Fortuna," She added.

Maya laughed as she dipped out of their bedroom and padded across the hallway into her daughter's bedroom where she still remained in bed.