31. Hospital Trip

"What? Why? No!" Maddie said as she instantly stood up after hearing that. "You can't go to Italy, Mama!" She yelled which caused everyone to look into the lounge and see what was wrong.

"Bambina, I don't have a choice," Carina said as she sympathized with the teenager.

"Uh, we'll let you guys have the lounge," Jack said as he motioned for Inara and Marcus to follow him out so they sat in the Beanery.

"Thanks, Jack," Maya said appreciatively.

"You can't go!" Maddie said continuing to get upset. "You can't go to Italy! We need you here, I need you here. You're the only one who gets me!" Maddie said as she got herself worked up.

"Bambina, I have to go," Carina repeated sadly. Maddie decided that she had heard enough and bolted from the lounge.

"Maddie, wait!" Maya groaned in frustration as her daughter ran off. "Kiddo, come back!" Maya shouted.

"Well that went as well as expected," Carina said exhaling a loud sigh.

"What happened?" Andy poked her head through the small window hatch.

"We spoke to Maddie about Italy," Carina explained. Andy nodded slowly.

"But she ran off before we could tell her that we were going as well," Maya said with a sigh. "I better go find her and talk to her," Maya said. Carina nodded in agreement.

"Ah, I thought that I might find you in here," Maya said as she peered her head around the door of her bunk area in her office to find Maddie curled up on the bed as she hugged the pillow with her back facing the door.

"Go 'way, I don't wanna talk to you," Maddie mumbled as it sounded like she was crying.

"Well I know you don't but we need to talk," Maya said softly as walked further in and dipped down on the bed next to her daughter as she patted her thigh lightly.

"I don't want to," Maddie mumbled, trying to wipe the tears away without Maya seeing. "Can I just be left alone, please mom?" She asked.

"I know you're crying kiddo. There isn't any point in trying to hide it from me," Maya said. "Come on, let's talk," She added gently.

"No, Mama's going to go back to Italy and you won't even stop her from doing that!" Maddie said as she turned around to face the older blonde. "Can't you ask Mama to marry you or something to stop her from going?" Maddie asked.

"What? No, Maddie, it's not as simple as that," Maya said in surprise, she hadn't even thought about Marriage anytime soon. This has been the longest relationship she had been in.

"Why not? All you need to do is put a ring on her finger Mom!" Maddie said huffing in annoyance.

"Maddie, listen, you didn't even finish hearing what Mama or I was going to talk to you about fully before you ran off," Maya said with a sigh. Maddie snorted as she wiped her tears away as she felt overall frustrated now.

"What's the point? Mama is leaving for Italy which completely sucks and you won't do anything about it!" Maddie shouted in anger.

"Madison, just listen to me, please," Maya said as she was taken back by her daughter's anger. "I get that you're upset but there's no need to shout at me if you'd have waited then you would know I thought about it and we're going to go to Italy with Mama as well," She explained. 

Maddie looked at her mom suspiciously as if she wasn't sure if she was trying to play some kind of prank of her or not.

"Are you serious?" Maddie asked. "You're not just saying this to mess with me?"