7. Staying At The Houseboat

"You're going on Vacation without me? Seriously!" Maddie exclaimed as she was sat on the couch. The night before Maya and Carina had talked about taking some time away from work to take a vacation. They had thought about Maddie going with them however she was still grounded, so she would think of it as a reward for her behavior so Maya decided that she would ask her friends to watch the teenager for the week.

"Yes and hopefully you're going to stay with Andy," Maya said and Maddie stared at both the two women in disbelief.

"Seriously? You're going on Vacation without me, that's so unfair. Why have I got to stay with Andy? Why can't I come?" Maddie asked.

"We had thought about it but since you're still technically grounded, I don't think it would be a good idea. So yes you're going to stay with Andy. You like Andy though, you'll have fun with her," Maya said. Maddie continued to pout.

"We will be back before you know it bambina," Carina pointed out.

"That still isn't the point," Maddie scoffed in annoyance, "I can't believe you're going away without me, it's so unfair!"

"I have a really big favor to ask you, well actually two big favors," Maya said as she sat in the fire truck on a way to a call with Andy and Vic. Andy turned to look at her best friend with a raised eyebrow.

"Go on?" Andy asked.

"So Carina and I want to take a vacation, would you mind being intern captain whilst I'm away?" Maya asked. Andy nodded in agreement, "Okay the other thing I wanted to ask, we thought about taking Maddie with us but since she is still grounded and she would just see it as a reward for her behavior so I was wondering if you would watch her while we're away?" Maya asked.

"If I could then I would but I have already made plans, you know I totally would have otherwise though," Andy said. Maya nodded in understanding.

"I don't mind watching her," Vic said from the back, "I mean if you don't know who else to ask,"

"Well we did think about Carina's brother but Maddie barely knows him. You wouldn't mind watching her?" Maya asked Vic.

"No of course not, I'll have to check with Dean as well since I'm staying at his at the moment but yeah it should be fine, it will be fun to hang out with Mini Bishop," Vic said with a grin.

"Awesome! Thank you Hughes!" Maya said.

"So I'm staying with Vic and Dean for the week now instead of Andy's?" Maddie asked as she sat on her sisters bed while Maya packed for her vacation. Carina had gone back at her apartment to pack as well.

"Yes, are you okay with that?" Maya asked as she folded her clothes and placed them neatly into the suitcase. Maddie shrugged her shoulders.

"I mean it's not like I have a choice anyways," Maddie muttered under her breath.

"Maddie, we've been over this." Maya said with a sigh.

"I know, I just mean that I would rather go away with you guys, but I guess that it will be fun with baby Pru as well," Maddie said.

"Remember you're still grounded though, I'm only letting you have your phone as an exception so I can make sure that you're okay, but you need to remember to still do your homework and listen to what they both say, you got it?" Maya said.

"Crystal clear," Maddie said as she rolled her eyes.

"Hey Dean!" Maddie said as Dean opened his front door with baby Pru in his arms. It was the day of the Vacation, Maya was dropping Maddie off at Dean's before she had to leave for the airport to meet Carina.