27. Unwanted Guest

It had been a few weeks since Andrea had passed away and things were starting to get better. Maddie is sat at the kitchen table doing the school work that she had pushed aside, that was the last thing on her mind. Carina was sat opposite her while she made arrangements for Andrea's apartment but at the same time, she offered to help Maddie with her school work if she got stuck.

"What's got your face all scrunched up, kiddo?" Maya chuckled, noticing the annoyed facial expression that her daughter wore.

"Online Math schoolwork. It really sucks," Maddie pouted. Maya brought a cup of espresso over to Carina who was on the phone.

"And the water will be turned off when?" Carina asked while Maya brought her over a cup of espresso.

"Thank you." Carina quietly said. "Mhm-hm?" Carina took a sip of the espresso and automatically pulled a face. "Mm," she said.

"I don't think that your coffee skills are up to scratch mom," Maddie smirked.

"Be quiet you," Maya said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah. Uh, yes. The movers will be there on..." Carina said, looking at Maya briefly.

"Friday," Maya told her.

"On... on Friday," Carina spoke on the phone.

There was a knock on the door just as Carina finished hanging up and Maddie looked at her mom confused.

"Who's that?" Maddie asked.

"Okay, thank you," Carina said as she got off the phone and looked briefly at the door confused.

"I don't know. You're not expecting anyone around are you?" Maya asked confused.

"Nope, not that I am aware off at least," Maddie said just as confused. "I'll go see who it is," she offered.

"Nuh-uh, you stay put and continue with that Math work. You've pushed it off long enough," Maya said, grabbing her mask out and putting it on as she walked over to the door, "I'll go find out who it is," She added before she opened the door to reveal a woman she didn't know. "Hey," She looked at the woman who stood there with a suitcase.

"Hi," The woman spoke, seeing Carina sitting at the table, she pushed her way inside the apartment. "Mia Cara... mia Cara, ciao!" she greeted Carina who just looked shocked.

"Cosa stai facendo qui?" Carina asked, shocked as the women hugged. Maddie furrowed her eyebrow from where she was sitting at the table, confused about who the hell this woman was.

"Ho appena sentito parlare di Andrea," The woman tearfully hugged Carina who sobbed in her arms. Maddie moved to stand next to her mom. "Sono scioccato, come è possibile?" The women said.

"Who is this woman?" Maddie asked confused. "And what are they saying?" Maddie added.

"I have no idea," Maya mumbled back as she watched the two exchange hugs and she couldn't help but feel jealous that Carina seemed to be happy to see this woman.

"Faccio sempre il test, non preoccuparti," Gabriella reassured her.

"Va bene, lo faccio anche io," Carina told her as they continued to hug.

"I still haven't a clue what they are saying," Maddie muttered under her breath, instantly judging the women who so rudely barged into their home.

"Hi. Hello." Maya interjected, waving her hands slightly.

"Maya, Maddie, this is my friend, Gab..." Carina introduced her friend to two blondes.

"Yeah, Dr Gabriella Aurora." The woman, Gabriella, wiped her tears away and introduced herself formally. Maya moved her mask off her face.