71. Testing The Limits!

"Rise and shine, kiddo. Up and at em," Maya pulled at Maddie's duvet cover where her daughter was still fast asleep, sleeping off an unsurprisingly awful hangover.

Maddie stirred from her sleep, automatically bringing her hand up to her head and wincing in pain, "Ugh, my head," she whined as she attempted to keep her duvet cover over the warmth of her body.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you sneak out and drink at a party," Maya made a snide comment as she continued to pull away at her daughter's duvet. "Come on, get up," she told her firmly.

"What time is it?" Maddie asked as she winced at the pain in her head again.

"It's time for you to get up," Maya told her in a tone of voice that meant business, she wasn't in the mood for her daughters' antics this morning but she made a promise to Carina that she would keep her cool and that's exactly what she planned to do. She wouldn't break a promise to her wife.

"Why?" Maddie groaned as she continued to lie in bed. It was only at that moment that she noticed that her door had been removed. "And where's my door? Seriously mom, did you take it off?" she questioned.

"You," Maya pointed her finger in the direction of her daughter. "Are in no position to argue with me right now, so I suggest that you lose the attitude and get your ass out of bed right now!" she ordered firmly. Even after last night, her daughter still continued to push her buttons.

"I don't want to. I feel horrible," Maddie complained from under the warmth of her duvet.

Maya shook her head in disbelief and ripped the duvet away from her completely, "I'm sorry but what part of that made it seem like I was giving you a choice? Get up right now!" she ordered, not in any sort of mood to play games.

"Ugh!" Maddie groaned and threw her head back onto her pillow as Maya walked out of the room.

"Here Bella, I made you coffee," Carina passed the steaming mug of caffeine to her wife and smiled. "I think we're going to need it," she added with a thoughtful smile.

"Thanks, honey. I agree with you on that one," Maya spoke, leaning forward and planting a kiss on her wife's lips before she moved to sit on the couch beside Andy who herself had her hands wrapped around a mug of coffee as well. "I thought things were difficult when she was younger but god, teenagers are worse," she grumbled.

"Is she awake?" Andy asked as she glanced at her best friend.

Maya swallowed the coffee and nodded slightly before she spoke, "Yeah, she is now that I've had to practically pry her out of bed first," she explained as she looked at her wife. "Don't worry, I kept my temper in check the whole time, sort of at least," she told her.

"I'm proud of you, Bella," Carina said while she smiled at her wife as they overheard footsteps to the bathroom and then the sound of throwing up. "Sounds like the Bambina is up now," she noted.

"Yeah and it sounds like she's off to a rough start already," Andy commented as she sighed and stood up. "I'll go and see if she is okay," she said as she started to walk to the bathroom.

"Thanks, Andy," Maya told her best friend and gave her an appreciative smile. "I think I have the perfect idea for punishment," she looked at her wife with a small smirk.

Carina looked at her wife curiously, "Oh, you do? I'm afraid to ask what your idea is," she stated.

"I think that it would be a good idea for my daughter and me to go out on a run around the block. The fresh air will help with the hangover as well," Maya explained to her wife who looked at her cautiously. "She hates running. It's the perfect punishment," she added.