84. Accept That Its Over!

Maddie stared at the brunette teenager in front of her. Right now she didn't know what to think.

"Hi Maddie," Sarah smiled.

"W-What are you doing here?" Maddie asked.

"I wanted to come and see you. I tried your apartment but nobody was in so I thought coming here would be the next best option," Sarah explained.

Maddie frowned and walked towards her, motioning her to follow her into the lounge away from everyone else.

Maya and Carina shared a look with each other, while Andy furrowed her eyebrow. The woman couldn't help but be slightly protective of her niece.

"What is she doing here?" Andy asked.

"I don't know," Maya said confused.

"We should give them some space to talk," Carina said.

Maya sighed and nodded, the last thing she wanted was for her daughter to be even more heartbroken than she was when she was just getting over her ex-girlfriend.

"So, what happened out there? It looks like a complete mess..." Sarah said amusedly.

"You don't call, you don't text," Maddie cut her off.

"Actually, I did. You didn't answer any of them," Sarah disagreed.

Maddie frowned, pulling her phone out of her pocket to see the several messages and calls that were left.

"I haven't checked my phone," The blonde told her.

"I saw what happened at school the other day, the way that you attacked Dylan," Sarah said.

Maddie raised an eyebrow at the girl. There was so much confusion, but the ultimate question she wanted to know was why was she there.

"You didn't even acknowledge me at school and now you're just here. Why?" Maddie questioned.

"I miss you, Maddie," Sarah admitted.

"Y-You missed me? Sarah, you act like I don't even exist half the time I was at school," Maddie laughed.

Sarah moved closer towards the blonde, trying to reach out for her hand.

"Yeah, it seemed like you really missed me," Maddie added.

"After I saw what happened... I wanted to speak to you," Sarah told her.

Maddie scrunched her face up in confusion.

"Then text me. Don't just show up at my moms' workplace," The blonde stated.

"How could I do that when you don't answer your phone?" Sarah questioned.

"You shouldn't be here. Your Mom threatened to phone PD on me," Maddie pointed out.

"That doesn't matter, I want to be with you, and I know that you want to be with me too still," Sarah protested.

Maddie shook her head firmly in disagreement.

"No, Sarah... I-I can't be with you," The blonde said.

"Why not? I don't care what my Mom says. It doesn't matter!" The brunette insisted.

"Yeah, but like, it kind of does matter. She could get me arrested and she could make life hell for both of my moms," Maddie said.

"I can't lose you, Maddie! I'm miserable," Sarah replied.

Maddie could feel a lump forming in the back of her throat, she had to remain strong.

"You've already lost me, Sarah," Maddie said.