85. Actions!

"Do you think that we should tell Maddie?" Maya whispered, stacking the cups along the draining board once she had washed them.

The blonde woman looked over to the other side of the room where Maddie was hanging out with Vic, Travis and Emmett.

Ever since Bill took Pru, the atmosphere in the station was sombre, everyone thought the same thing. It was unfair for the man to take the little girl away like that.

"Maybe, she'll be excited. No?" Carina smiled.

"I think that she might be," Maya said, nodding in agreement.

"Oh, looks like she's coming over now," She pointed out.

Right at that moment, Maddie was walking over to them both when the firefighters all headed out to say goodbye to Travis's parents.

"Hello, Bambina," Carina smiled at the teenager.

"Hey, Mama. Hey, Mom. Do you guys need any help?" Maddie offered.

"Sure, grab a tea towel and you can help dry up," Maya smiled at her daughter.

Maddie nodded, reaching over to pick up a tea towel before she picked up a plate and started to dry it.

"So, Bambina, we've got something to tell you," Carina started to speak.

"Whatever it is, I didn't do it!" Maddie exclaimed in protest.

"What?" Both women asked confused.

"Um, oh, never mind. Just forget I said anything," Maddie mumbled quietly.

Both wife's shared a look between them. Maya narrowed her eyebrows slightly, wanting to know more.

"Okay... We'll circle back to that at some point but no, this is something else that we want to talk to you about," The older blonde stated.

"Okay. What's up?" Maddie wondered.

Maya looked sceptical to speak and looked at Carina for encouragement. The brunette nodded and smiled, giving her wife what she was looking for without even speaking.

"Well, Mama and I... We've decided that we're going to have another baby," Maya explained.

"Wait, really? That's so great!" Maddie exclaimed happily.

"So... You're okay about this?" Maya asked hesitant, it was important that her daughter had an opinion about this.

"We wanted you to know before anyone else," Carina told the teenager.

"Of course I'm happy. I'm going to be a big sister!" Maddie said excitedly, a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Oh, I can teach them so many things," She added in realisation.

"Try not to lead them astray with trouble," Carina chuckled amusedly.

"Me, cause trouble, never?" Maddie said cheekily.

Maya couldn't help but laugh in disagreement, shaking her head.

"Says the teenager who recently got expelled," Maya smirked.

"You know that wasn't even my fault! You even told me that I wasn't grounded because of it, your words were something along the lines of "That kid deserved what he got for the comments that he made", don't you remember?" Maddie said, imitating the older blondes voice.

"I'm well aware of what I said, kiddo," Maya chuckled, shaking her head further.

"What your Mom means to say is that they will look up to you Bambina," Carina smiled.