Forty-five

-Natasha-

I end the radio call before shaking my head, leaning against the counter.

"We have to..." I start "We need to get Samuel back."

"Nat, we can't risk sending you with them. What if it's all a trick?" Allura starts "The Galra are known for their tricks."

"I know that Allura, but we don't really have a choice." I hiss

"Natasha, you aren't doing this." Shiro says "We are not risking you."

"It's the only way that we have any chance at getting Samuel back. We need to get him back for Pidge." I argue

"But I don't want to lose you either." Pidge starts

I look at them before shaking my head in utter defeat.

"I don't know how we're ever going to do this without giving me to them. We're already going to be heading into a trap." I explain "Why else would they broadcast it over the radio like that. Where everyone can hear them?"

"Everyone can hear them?" Hunk starts

"You don't think mullet heard them do you?" Lance asks

My eyes widen before I look back at the previous radio that was just on before groaning.

"That's why they did it..." I whisper "They wanted the blade to hear..."

"Why would they want to blade to hear?" Coran asks

"So they can try to weed them out into the open." I explain "They want to try and figure out who's the head of the operation. They still don't know that information."

I watch as the others shake their heads before looking at me. My hands go into my pockets before I shrug and get off the counter, heading towards the door.

"Get Lotor ready. We have a trade that's going to be made." I start

-Shiro-

I watch Natasha walk out of the room, heading towards her room. The light blue vein-like things glowing slightly on her metal arm before she's out of sight.

"Are you paladins really going to let her do something like that?" Kolivan asks as his screen shows up

"It doesn't seem like we really have a choice." I start as I run my hand through my hair "She knows how to deal with the Galra the best, this is ultimately her call."

"We already know it's going to be a trick." Allura starts "We just aren't sure what kind of trick."

"They aren't getting her. They can have Lotor for all I care, but I'm not letting them take Nat." Pidge starts "Kolivan, I know Keith is the reason why you're calling, let him know that they aren't going to get Nat."

"Pidge..." I start

"No. They can't take her too." Pidge says

"You guys should be getting prepared in order for the trade tomorrow. Let us know if you need the blade's assistance. I'll do my best to make sure that it isn't Keith that is sent if needed."

I watch as the Blade's screen disappears before I look at the ceiling.

Mom, what would you do?

"I'm going to try and get some rest, think of a move that won't involve losing Nat." I start

"Shiro, you should discuss this with the rest of us.." Allura starts

"I'm going to try and do something." I start "Something that requires me to be alone."

I walk out of the room, immediately heading towards where the purple and black lion are docked. I look at the two lions before heading directly towards the purple one, watching as it opens its mouth. The seat turns around, almost as if it was calling for me to come and sit in it.

I close my eyes as I sit down, my hands just sitting on the armrests.

"Mom, I don't know if this will work with how long you've been gone..." I start "Or if it will work with my not being the purple paladin. But I need help mom. I need help with Natasha."

-Natasha-

I step out of the ship before looking over the area that the generals and Zarkon had picked out. I fix my shoulder plates before watch as Shiro and Matt bring out Lotor in his cuffs before I see Zethrid and Ezor with Samuel at the top of the ramp.

"We're changing the deal!" Shiro yells "You're only getting Lotor. He's the only one you originally wanted to see how much he knows."

"You don't get to change the deal now." Zethrid says

"You're the one who wants Natasha." Shiro starts "Zarkon could care less about his granddaughter."

"H-how did?..." Ezor starts as she looks at Zethrid

"Just give me my son and we'll give you the scientist that you guys want so bad." Zarkon hollers out

I watch as they bring Samuel to the end of the ramp before I see Pidge give Lotor over to Shiro.

"Dad!" Pidge yells

I watch as she goes to run towards them. Shiro grabs her arm, holding her back. I walk over, standing in front of her, sighing softly.

"Not yet hun. Not yet. Let him get to us." I whisper

I look at Shiro before looking back towards Zarkon.

"Please don't be a trick," I whisper

I step back before stepping behind her, watching as the exchange starts to go down. Shiro pushes Lotor forward as Zarkon and the other two watch him.

I set my hand on her shoulder, as I watch them slowly start to let Sam go. I watch as Lotor gets closer to his father. I watch as they pass each other.

"Dad!" Pidge yells

I feel her tear away from me as she goes running towards her dad.

"Pidge!" I yell, trying to grab her again

I watch as Pidge flies through the hologram. My hands immediately clasping around my mouth. I back towards the top of the ramp to see Samuel with Ezor standing there.

"Shiro!" I holler

"I saw. Initiate the plan." He yells back

Lotor smirks before I see the cuffs deactivate, the black bayard in his hands as he swipes down at his father. I watch as the two of them start to head the other way, immediately seeing sparks going everywhere.

"Pidge, Nat, go after Samuel!" Shiro instructs

"Yes sir." We both say

I watch as Shiro gets into the black lion before taking off into the air. I look over at Pidge before we charge into the Galra ship, running after the other two.

I see Ezor's tail turn a corner before signaling to Pidge.

"You get your dad, I'll distract the other two," I whisper

She looks at me before nodding, heading towards another entrance before I step out into the open. My arm powers up before I grab my bayard, turning it into a long sword.

"Who's first?" I laugh

I see Zethrid charge towards me, growling as she runs. I sidestep, watching as she runs into the wall. Ezor sees this before letting go of Samuel and throwing her tail towards me. I jump out of the way, watching Pidge grab her father before running towards the exit.

"Sorry guys looks like we win." I smirk before backing away

I see Shiro in the black lion before landing for a brief second. I run towards them, helping Pidge get Samuel into the cockpit before jumping up myself.

"Where's Lotor?" I question

"He's still fighting Zarkon. Right now we need to get into the air. We'll be better help from above." Shiro starts