Forty-one

-Natasha- 

I look around the base before I close my eyes, listening to the steps of the other trainees. 

"What is she doing?" Somebody asks 

"I don't know but we need to take advantage of it!" One hisses 

I hear the footsteps turn into pounding before powering up my arm and grabbing one of them and throwing them toward the wall. I grab my bayard and activate it, pointing it towards the other one as they are behind me. 

"If you guys are patient enough and train your senses enough, you can become sensitive to the sounds around you and predict where your opponent is going to be before they even getting there," I say 

"How did you learn this?" One asks 

"Learned how to focus my hearing onto the smallest things while I was a prisoner to the Galra before they came to find out that is was their princess." I explain "I developed it further before I starting fighting with the paladins." 

I smile as I watch them try to process anything before I hear something come up behind me, almost touching me before I look up to see blue-grey eyes staring down at me. The two look at me before they nod and walk out of the arena.

"Don't you think that's enough training for now?" He asks "You need breaks too." 

"Yeah, well that's kind of hard when I know how the others feel about me being here." I say 

"Why don't you and I go get some rest before our next meeting with the paladins." He says as he rubs his hands up and down my arms

I look at him before softly nodding as we head towards our shared room. I smile softly as I study the boy next to me and think back to when we were still back on earth. 

-~- 

"Hey, you know I love you right?" Keith says 

"Hmmm?" I ask as I look up from my paper 

Keith laughs before he sits across from me as he looks over my paper before chuckling. 

"Adam really isn't giving you a break on these." He laughs 

I laugh softly before setting my head on the table as he starts to gather his homework together before he laughs again. 

"What are you laughing at?" I whisper 

"Just admiring how cute my best friend is." He laughs 

"I'm a scary create thank you very much." I laugh 

He laughs before he walks away from the table as he puts things away before coming back and standing next to my chair. 

"Tonight is supposed to be our movie night." He starts "I know with Shiro gone on yet another mission it won't be the same, but that's why I'm here." 

I look up at him before slowly nodding against the table as he chuckles before leading me towards the couch. I smile tiredly before I get comfortable, cuddling into his chest. 

"I love you too," I whisper 

-~- 

I see him get into something comfortable before I slowly walk over to the bed, almost falling on top of him as he chuckles. 

"Shut up," I mumble as I get comfortable against his chest 

"What? Does my chuckling make things uncomfortable?" He jokes 

"No, but I'm comfortable and you make falling asleep to your heartbeat harder when you chuckle." I whisper as I look up at him 

He laughs softly before leaning down and placing a kiss to my forehead, wrapping his arms around me as we both start to drift off into sleep. 

-Shiro- 

I look up at the screen before I see Kolivan standing there, looking at the plans. 

"We are getting ready to head in. Ragna's training is looking really good, she's even helped others with their training." He starts 

"Where is Natasha at the moment anyway?" Hunk asks 

"She and Keith went to get some rest after her last training session." Kolivan answers 

"She must be loving all this alone time with our mullet boy," Lance says 

"Lance, focus." I laugh "Kolivan, the plans that you sent, do we really want to risk this when Nat is in the ship?" 

"Yes. We have news that Lotor won't be around since Zarkon will be there." Kolivan starts "We need you to be attacking another fleet of ships to keep them distracted enough for us to be able to get onto the ship." 

I look down at the plans before shaking my head, trying to make sense of the different things going through my head. 

"They are the best plans that we have, but I'm also worried about Nat." I start 

I hear the blade start to agree with me before Kolivan sighs. 

"Shiro, I understand why you are hesitant, but Ragna is a strong fighter and can handle pretty much anything that they might throw at her." Kolivan says "I personally think that we are ready to go through with this plan." 

I look at the other paladins before they all slowly start to nod. 

"Then we are doing this plan to get the purple lion back." I say "If you could have Keith and Natasha call us when they wake up, that'd be great." 

"I go let somebody know to let them know now." Kolivan says "We'll chat soon. Rebels are willing to help as well if I'm correct." 

"Yes, we will get ahold of Matt and the rest of the rebels and get back to you." I say 

They agree before they hang up and I look back towards the rest of the paladins. 

"Pidge, I need you and Allura to get ahold of the rebels. The rest of us need to go get the lions ready and make sure everything is in place for this next mission." I instruct "Let us know when you got Matt on call and we'll come back." 

"Will do." Pidge says 

-Natasha- 

I slowly start to wake up when I feel Keith's arms wrap around me tighter. 

"No, not her." I hear him whisper 

"Keith?" I ask 

"No, don't touch her. She didn't do anything to you." He whispers again "Nat, you'll be okay." 

I look at Keith's face before I see his face showing worry and pain. I push myself out of his arms, propping myself up on one arm.

"Keith, I need you to wake up." I say as I start to shake him "Keith, I'm right here. Wake up, you're okay." 

I hear him stop breathing for a minute before his eyes slowly start to open and focus on me. I try to smile as I look at him before I see the fear in his eyes. 

"What's wrong?" I ask "What did you dream about?" 

"The witch..." He says "She had you and I couldn't do anything about it." 

"Hey, but you're fine. I'm right here and I don't plan on going anywhere. Not anytime soon." 

I lean over and place a soft kiss to his lips as he smiles softly, leaning his forehead against mine. 

"I just got you back, I can't lose you again." I whisper 

"We aren't losing each other again." He whispers 

"Forever and a day. Just like we've always said." I laugh 

He kisses me again before smiling as he pulls me back into his chest as we just lay there, not a care in the galaxy at that very moment.