Twenty-Three

-Natasha-

I look in the mirror, looking where my left arm should be, but isn't. I frown before turning away and looking for a shirt.

I hear a knock at my door before I turn around.

"Come in!" I yell

"Hey, I wanted to check in on you," Shiro says

"Oh, hey Shiro," I say with a smile

"How are you holding up?" He asks

"I'm doing as well as anyone could expect after losing their arm. Almost dying for that fact." I try to laugh

"I didn't mean that you dork. I meant with the whole being related to Zarkon thing." He says

"Well, finding out that my grandma is related to an evil ruler, I think I'm handling that pretty well." I laugh "How are you holding up? You're in the same boat."

"Well... I also don't really have any of that bloodline." He points out

"At least not enough to trace." I state "You still have it, it's just not enough to be detectable if we were to run a test."

He laughs before shaking his head. I watch as he leans against the desk by the door.

"How's the fighting coming?" He asks

"Well... that could be going better... But I am learning." I answer "Keith is helping a lot."

"He's really trying to make up for what happened." Shiro says "Also probably trying to prove Lance wrong."

I look at him as I grab my bayard, clipping it to my side.

"What do you mean 'prove Lance wrong'?" I start

"Nobody's told you?" He asks "Lance and Keith got into one while you were in the healing pod."

I shake my head before heading towards my door.

"No, neither of them told me about talking to each other while I was healing." I reply "Looks like they're both getting a visit from me today."

Shiro laughs before walking out after me, shutting my door.

"I would probably talk to Lance first. Keith is trying to get some training in. I don't think he is handling that whole Lance thing as well as he could be if he didn't have some valid points." Shiro suggests

"Thanks, Shiro. I was actually going to go talk to Lance anyway. He's more than likely the one who started the whole thing out of jealousy." I start "Which I wish he didn't."

Shiro shrugs before walking the other way. I smirk before turning down the hall, heading towards Lance's room.

I reach his door to see him laying on his bed, reading a book he found at the Space mall. I lightly knock on his door, getting his attention.

"Whatcha reading?" I ask

"Oh, nothing, just something that somebody at the Space Mall recommended." He answers before laying it down "Did you need something?"

"I heard from a little birdie that you and Keith got into a fight while I was in the healing pod," I say

"Oh... Pidge..." Lance says

"Don't blame Pidge because it wasn't her." I state "It was my brother."

I watch as Lance rubs the back of his neck, not making eye contact with me, biting the bottom of his lip.

"Do you really need to know about that fight?" He asks

"Yeah. It was about me and it was between my on and off again boyfriend, I think, and a good friend." I start "I know it wasn't just one of your usual go at its with him."